< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Big Anniversary, 50th This Year  (Read 824 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Big Anniversary, 50th This Year
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:07:36 PM »
This fall, it is the 50 anniversary of the coup that killed President Kennedy.

I am a student of this subject more so than anything else I have every studied. 

I had just turned 7 when he was killed, and I think I was a pretty oblivious child, because I remember very little about that day.    I remember my Mother being upset, but not to any degree, or that it lasted, days or weeks.  I have a hole in that time period, like a trauma had taken place.

My first wake up call, that something was not as it appeared, was a cable documentary, on Arts & Entertainment by Nigel Turner, narrated by Bill Kurtis, called The Men Who Killed Kennedy.

It was originally broadcast in 6 parts, but 7,8 & 9 are available now.

It can be seen free, on You Tube.  Anyone not having seen this, I recommend you do. 

After I watched this video series for the first time, it was as though a vail had been lifted.  I no longer accepted an official story the government told me about anything, without looking into it closer. 

I started collecting video documentaries and books on the assignation of JFK, and most anything on the Kennedy family.

There are over 600 hard cover books on the day in Dallas Texas, in 1963.   I have read, as well as own, many of them. 

Everyone has an opinion on who killed JFK, and why.  Few people of that generation have not polarized onto one theory or another.

My opinion?  I am of the opinion, it was a conspiracy, with several players, pushed along by several agencies.  The Secret Service stood down, the CIA / Mafia stood up, and the FBI along with the Dallas police and the Warren Commission cleaned up the loose details, and sewed it into a story the asleep people of America wanted to hear.

As this is a gun forum, I will post a short clip from The Men That Killed Kennedy, that shows gun related testimony, that Oswald did not kill JFK as a lone assassin that day in Dallas.

Any student of Nov 22, 1963 will recognize no bullet hole in the windshield was ever officially reported that day in Dallas.  Hole in windshield means a forth shot.  A forth shot means multiple shooters.  Multiple shooters, and we have a completely different reality, than the fiction account of the Warren Commission.

Every year, when others are celebrating thanksgiving season with family and friends, I revert into tears, as I struggle with the events of that day.   The events of that day, have forever changed me, and have forever changed this nation. 

Tell us what you remember about that day In Dallas.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Big Anniversary, 50th This Year
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:39:32 PM »
I was living in Cincinnati, working at the General Electric Large Jet Engine Plant in my third year of a corporate management training program.   My wife called me at work with the news.

The personal and social shock was enormous.   Biggest event since World War II.   [I also remember Pearl Harbor. ]   The Kennedy Presidency was an electric event.   Now it was over.   Finished.   Gone.   Worse than unbelievable.   It was simply not possible to internalize and absorb what had happened in our country.

We were glued to black and white TV for the whole incredible saga.   The motorcade.   The confusion after the shooting.   The pictures of stunned people in the crowds.   Connecting the shooting of the policeman to the assassination.   The arrest and parading of Lee Harvey Oswald.   Oswald's shooting by Jack Ruby...........the entire country went Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! at the same time.    The swearing-in of Lyndon Johnson on the airplane with Jackie Kennedy standing by.

I finished the corporate program and we moved to Memphis the next month.   Memphis was an incredible hotbed of conspiracy theories at the time.   The town was so alive with suspicion that it crackled.   Memphis is a river town just up the Mississippi from New Orleans, where the city attorney whose name I have forgotten [Garrett??] made a huge splash on the national scene with his own conspiracy theories.

America changed that day.   Jack Kennedy was too cautious to get us deeper into the Vietnam War.   LBJ said he wouldn't, then did.   The rest is dismal history.

Much of the current mess in the USA can be traced directly to the National Loss of Innocence which occurred on that Most Dismal Day.

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
city attorney whose name I have forgotten [Garrett??] made a huge splash on the national scene with his own conspiracy theories

District Attorney Jim Garrison - Had a role in the Oliver Stone film JFK where a number of theories were covered....

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:36:31 PM »
In October of 1962, when I was a sophomore in college, and my future bride and now partner for 50 years was a freshman, the Cuban Missile crisis occurred.  We didn't know if the world would survive until our wedding on Dec 16th.   The general were hot for invasion.  Kennedy was cool as a cucumber  and over ruled them.  Many years later, after the fall  of the USSR, it was revealed that several of the missile sites were hot and armed with short and medium ranged nukes.   Had the generals had their  way several cities along the Eastern and Southern coast would still be too radioactive to enter.

I was a senior in college, taking 12 semester hours and working full time as an  analytical chemist at Bradford Labs in Abilene, Tx.  I always kept a radio playing classical music in the background while I worked.  At about 1:05 PM they stopped the music to announce that Pres. Kennedy had been shot.  I alerted the other staff and we all set around in the lab listening to the news until the announcement was made that he was dead.  They then began playing smober music.  I nor any of the others could do any work for the rest of the day.   

A few days  later Jack Ruby shot Oswald.  Considering Ruby's background that's when I began smelling a conspiracy.   My own personal opinion is that Kennedy was assassinated by Cubans who felt betrayed over the Bay of Pigs incident, or the perps were government insiders -- CIA or even VP Johnson.  Stories about his dirty tricks were rampant in Texas even before Kennedy was killed.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 11:47:11 PM »
The Stone film was like trying to clean a horse arena  dirt floor with a kitchen mop.  It stirred up more than it cleaned away.

In making a film, only so much research can go into it, before they finally say, we have a schedule, and a movie to make.    So much more evidence has come to light, after the film was released.  Do in great part, to the release of the film, and bringing it once again to a national audience, many of whom did not experience that day in Dallas because they were not born yet.

Jackie Kennedy said it best, when asked to change her clothes on Air Force One, before it arrived back in DC.  She was covered in the blood of her fallen husband.  She told her handlers, "Let Them See What They Have Done."

Do you know why Jackie married Onassis?   It was not love.  It was not his vast fortune, as one of the richest men in the world.   She told close friends, she married him because she was frightened, for her children, and herself.  Onassis had the largest, well trained, and well tooled private security organizations in the world.    She was afraid of the Secret Service, and afraid of the USA government.  Afraid her children would be the next target.   She got the protection she wanted, and he got a trophy wife.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
VP Johnson.  Stories about his dirty tricks were rampant in Texas even before Kennedy was killed.

Pretty good testimony from several sources, including LBJ's mistress, and his personal attorney, Johnson was directly implicated in 8 murders in Texas, including one of his own sisters, as well as having a hand in the Kennedy coup.