< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Why I want to cry - or high blood pressure!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Why I want to cry - or high blood pressure!
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:50:34 AM »
edit:

Post removed, point made, hardship shared, tears cried, moving along.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:44:22 AM by unfy »
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Why I want to cry - or high blood pressure!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:32:59 AM »
Call SPCM (society for prevention of cruelty to machines) ::)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
Makes my blood pressure spike every time I walk in the vicinity of that area

From the pics that shop  must be located in China.  How's the commute every day? :D

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
And OSHA beats us up twice a year.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
And OSHA beats us up twice a year.

Well, now that he has published those  pictures I suspect that OSHA will be paying him a visit shortly!

Offline rudy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
That is a miserably messy workplace.  My boss gives me a hard time about my lab bench, but your machine shop takes that to a whole different level...

Every drill press you pictured had a chuck, unless you meant chuck key?   ;D

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
I keep my shop the exact opposite; a place for everything and everything in its place. Clean up every mill or lathe spotless at the end of each day. I get very irritated to come in and find that someone has used equipment (99% of time drill press) and left chips on the floor and equipment and it happens way too often.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Sounds like ya'll need a visit from the 5S Squad.  (What is that? Essentially a fancy, production facility, term for PICK YER S&!T UP! 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 11:41:44 PM »
Sounds like ya'll need a visit from the 5S Squad.  (What is that? Essentially a fancy, production facility, term for PICK YER S&!T UP! 

We have 5S at my work, to me it means "lets move $hit because we can" because wherever it was before is stupid.
It's just a bunch of people, getting out of their normal work to come and rearrange and then get free lunch...
OK rant over, Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 09:12:55 AM »
We have 5S at my work, to me it means "lets move $hit because we can" because wherever it was before is stupid.
It's just a bunch of people, getting out of their normal work to come and rearrange and then get free lunch...
OK rant over, Greg
Yes, Agreed, I was giving the short version.  There  is also the part where we throw a bunch of $&!t away that we will end up needing next month.  And signs and stickers and tape, Oh My.  Ya gotta throw some tape on the floor (or desk or ???) around a random item and don't forget to label it, For goodness sake I might have not realized it was a trash can.  ;) Oh Crap, forgot to take a before picture, so stage a mess, take a picture, then pick the mess back up, take another picture and fill out the project form so you get credit (Brownie Points  :kiss:
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
Yes, Agreed, I was giving the short version.  There  is also the part where we throw a bunch of $&!t away that we will end up needing next month.  And signs and stickers and tape, Oh My.  Ya gotta throw some tape on the floor (or desk or ???) around a random item and don't forget to label it, For goodness sake I might have not realized it was a trash can.  ;) Oh Crap, forgot to take a before picture, so stage a mess, take a picture, then pick the mess back up, take another picture and fill out the project form so you get credit (Brownie Points  :kiss:
We just had a Major 5S in our lab at work. The guy who fixes all the insturments was just walking around in a panic because they were moving all his stashes of spare parts and throwing away tons of stuff. Nobody can find anything because they moved everything. Now they are going back and labeling and taping around insturments like they are crime scene investigators. They had to move the boxes of rubber gloves about 4 times, each size is in it's own drawer, then they reversed themselves and put the sizes in a different order. I am thinking WTF??
The only time we could do any samples is when they went to lunch, and the pictures, Oh My, they take a picture of everything, probably to show at their 5S way to go meeting where they will all get prizes.
I guess I should be more engaged and volunteer for this kind of thing, but I am more the type to get my work done and get the heck out of there.
OK second rant over.
Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!