< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: "Due process is now backwards"  (Read 850 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
"Due process is now backwards"
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
You are charged and stripped of your rights and then you have to use the courts to get them back, IF you can afford to do so.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2296884231001/state-police-confiscate-wrong-mans-guns-blame-county-clerk/

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: "Due process is now backwards"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:19:41 AM »
I guess we need to repeal the law of unintended consequences.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
I guess we need to repeal the law of unintended consequences.

If only we could.  However, I'm coming to believe that some politicians are banking on that law for their agenda.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
It is rare that legislation focuses on a single benefit. There is always hidden agenda and vote generating amendments that get packed into bills. Politicians have no function unless they are passing (or blocking) law. Once they have created one thing, there is nothing to do but move onto something else.

Gun control always comes up since it creates enough emotion and division of the population to accomplish agenda. That is why proposals rarely addresses any sort of solution to crime, violence or safety as the bill titles suggest. As long as it appears "something" is being done, one side is happy and should rights not be stomped on too hard the other side lives with it. Ultimately there is something bigger going on that doesn't get that much attention.

There is always certain big ticket issues that are used to form legislation, but often offer no solution...just pad the pockets of interested parties from tax money. There is generally little interest from politicians unless money or power gained.