< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Barrasso amendment (Passes)  (Read 702 times)

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Barrasso amendment (Passes)
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
Barrasso Amendment No. 717, to withhold 5 percent of Community Oriented Policing Services program Federal funding from States and local governments that release sensitive and confidential information on law-abiding gun owners and victims of domestic violence.

Yea 66  Nay 34 ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:05:59 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Barrasso amendment (Passes)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »
Neat.  How'd Deb vote ?

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
She voted For

The Harkin Amendment is up now

Harkin Amendment No. 730, to reauthorize and improve programs related to mental health and substance use disorders.

Harkin Amendment  Yea 95   Nay 2
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:45:40 AM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 11:49:18 AM »
And now we hopefully see the entire bill fall flat on it's face and die.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
And just when we thought the monster was dead...........

Reid to shelve gun bill

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday he'll set aside proposed gun legislation without a final vote following the defeat a day earlier of major provisions sought by President Barack Obama and Democrats in the aftermath of the Newtown school massacre.........................

"We're gonna have time to work on what people want to do before we come back to this," Reid said, adding that this option allows them to return to the bill without returning to square one. "It will only be a matter of time."

A Senate Democratic leadership aide said Reid can bring up the package of gun proposals again if circumstances change and he believes he has the votes for key provisions to pass

Read more at:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/18/reid-to-shelve-gun-bill/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:32:19 PM by DanClrk51 »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
I felt in my heart, it was too soon to enjoy a sigh of relief.  It isn't over yet.