< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: So i just had to buy this Ithaca 51 featherlight  (Read 1748 times)

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
So i just had to buy this Ithaca 51 featherlight
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
I came across an Ithaca model 51 featherlight that was just so pretty i just had to bring her home. I did a little research before making the buy but not enough. Ithaca's website says they will service any model 10, 37, and 51 but......if you read further on you find out that not all parts are available for the model 51 :( well and wouldn't ya know it i need the same part everyone else needs, the slide assembly, now that i have her i am putting all my options on the table and selling her for parts is looking really promising, easy to get my money back out of her but i have a bad case of cantsellagunitis and after some research today i have found a gunsmith that can fix the slide but i  have found alot of model 51 owners that have taken the slide to a machinist and have gotten a new one made out of a better quality steel and claim they have never had a problem again..to me this sounds like a really good option but really expensive but i know little to nothing about maching.

So to make a long story short i am looking for feedback on machining a slide for a  Ithaca model 51 i would love to get a new slide made for her if it is somewhat reasonable but i wouldn't even know who to talk to about getting one made. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:41:46 PM by altheman2 »

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
Re: So i just had to buy this Ithaca 51 featherlight
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
Pics!