< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Whats the best deal you've ever gotten on a gun?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
Whats the best deal you've ever gotten on a gun?
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
Mine has to be my HK USP compact with 2 mags for $380

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
Re: Whats the best deal you've ever gotten on a gun?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
Mine has to be my HK USP compact with 2 mags for $380

I traded a signed picture of Charles Bronson holding that Wildey pistol from one of the Death Wish movies for a Ruger Mark II target pistol with a bull barrel. I had $14 in the picture (eBay).

Offline M7025-06

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
CVA Muzzleloader & Winchester Model 70 XTR 243 (bull barrel)...$400 total.

NRA Member

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »
I was given a 1930's era Winchester model 94 in 32-20 because the guy didn't want it(was his dad's). Sold it a few weeks later for $750.

Last fall I traded a Marlin 981(.22lr) in decent shape for a Marlin 883(.22 Mag) in excellent shape. The guy didn't want to pay for that expensive .22 Mag ammo anymore.   :o
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
My brother-in-law gave me his dad's 70's series Colt Commander.  Ok...not "technically" a deal.   ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
A friend of mine dated a girl who hated guns. I happened to call him as he was on his way to hand them off to the police for "donation." What an idiot. I got a Sears bolt action .22, 12 gauge side by side, mossberg 500, 20 gauge bolt action, pellet gun, and something else that I'm forgetting.... She promptly took full control of his life and wallet before they split.

He's bought a few guns since then... I'm hoping he snags another loser.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
A friend of mine dated a girl who hated guns. I happened to call him as he was on his way to hand them off to the police for "donation." What an idiot. I got a Sears bolt action .22, 12 gauge side by side, mossberg 500, 20 gauge bolt action, pellet gun, and something else that I'm forgetting.... She promptly took full control of his life and wallet before they split.

Okay, that was mean. I hope he finds a fine gal...

Offline springfield40

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »

Gaaa!!!  Any woman who tells me to lose the guns, will be standing on the porch within minutes!

Frank

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »

That must have been some great sex, or awesome cook....either way I'd have gotten a dog....

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 12:00:06 PM »
That must have been some great sex, or awesome cook....either way I'd have gotten a dog....

Well I'm lucky, I got all the above and she appreciates my firearms.  I just got to come up with a way to keep her from claiming the best ones.

Best deal a coworker of my wife's father passed away and he had a Sears .22 rifle and pistol.  Well she did not want to keep them because her son had drug problems so she sold them to me for $25.  The rifle is a little beat up but it is a match to the one i inherited from my grand father, so now I have the .22 long rifle and .22 short.  My wife also loves the little .22 pistol for summer concealed carry, its not much but it can hide 10 rounds of .22 pretty much anywhere any time that thing is so small.

Offline t.horn

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
I bought a Yugoslavia M48 8MM Mauser with all matching serial numbers for $100 from a guy who wanted to go out drinking for a night.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »
My S&W 686p 2.5" barrel 357mag 7 shot revvie.

It's cost was only "okay" for retail, but I love that thing to no end.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »
Best deal?  Not one, but several come to mind.

First rifle, .22 lever action, new, $18 at a gas station when I was a kid.  Good BB guns were about that same price or more.

1919 era Winchester 1894 $200.  Kept it twenty years, traded it for a AR-10 DPMS LR-308 stainless bull barrel with scope and 1000 rounds of .308

On this forum, 1911-22 with 3 mags and original box and paperwork, $200

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
I helped a friend replace a window sash in his house last year.
I didn't have much time in the install, but did some legwork finding the right sash, ordering it, having a painter stain to match etc.
I probably wouldn't have charged him much for the job as he has done many favors for me over the years.
He had another plan, he gave me a Yugoslavian FG 380 that his uncle had brought back from WW2 as a war trophy.
He is quite a gun nut, but has no interest in handguns, and knows I can't get enough.

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline bbauman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »
Just one? 

Several years ago .....

I kept my guns, the gun hater kept her 401k, we both got single, the stock market crashed.

Fast forward a few years. Found an amazing gal, several of "my" guns have been appropriated, to get them back I have to give her same or better. She got a .357 as a wedding gift and another for Christmas so I could get mine back.

There's several purchases I could brag about but I can't think of many better deals than the two above!

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 01:20:51 AM »
I've gotten a couple of guns for FREE ...... They were both Bubbafied Milsurps of $0 collector value ...... but they do work.  I've killed a deer with one of them.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 07:44:20 AM »
My best deal was also the one that cost me the most!

I got into military surplus awhile back and most of my collection centered around a half dozen Mosins of various styles, types, etc. An awesome deal at Cabela's finally got me a mint '53 SKS for less than I expected, but I still didn't feel like a true collector.

Then I found an obscure ad online here in Omaha. I checked it out and to make a long story short...I came home with a 1897 Arisaka Type 30, mum intact, not duffle cut with original bayonet and sling. The gun stock had some "in field" carvings and was in excellent shape! To make it better, I eventually got the first hand story from the Soldier of how the rifle came into his hands. I paid $600.

Another great deal was a Mossberg M44US(b) I found on the used gun rack at Cabela's for $150 :)

My lowest priced deal was trading an old RC truck (was looking to get maybe $150 out of it) for a mint Browning A5 12 ga.

There's some awesome deals to be found if you're persistent and patient :)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »
Then I found an obscure ad online here in Omaha. I checked it out and to make a long story short...I came home with a 1897 Arisaka Type 30, mum intact, not duffle cut with original bayonet and sling. The gun stock had some "in field" carvings and was in excellent shape! To make it better, I eventually got the first hand story from the Soldier of how the rifle came into his hands. I paid $600.

now thats cool.

all of my guns are a steal... my wife thinks they cost $200 less than what i actually bought them for...  LOL!  just kidding!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official