< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln - Immediate Assistance needed  (Read 2067 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Lincoln - Immediate Assistance needed
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »
I have just received word that several anti gun folks are planning to ambush Senator Johanns at the Community Coffee he is hosting today. Can a few of you show up to give him some support? He has stood up and supported our rights and is getting beaten up for his votes against the current push for legislation.

What: Community Coffee in Lincoln
When: Wednesday, May 1
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Where: Nebraska History Museum
Blackman Auditorium
15 and P Streets, Lincoln, NE

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Lincoln - Immediate Assistance needed
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Wish I could, but I am in Cleveland.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Anyone, Anyone?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
i hope i can. ill tell him the 6,000 NFOA members are happy the way he voted.  sound good?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »
This was very short notice, and I want to thank all the members that took the time to attend and or help recruit some friends to attend.  Our have folks do this type of thing is what makes us stand out as an organization here in Nebraska and nationally.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
How many of us were able to make it?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:26 AM »
I heard from 4-6 members that they were going, and them and several more were contacting friends to also try to get them there.  If we could get 6 people to an event like this on just over an hours notice that is a big thing, and believe me that the Senator and his staff have noticed and recognize the support.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
I just found out about this.  How did it go? 

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 02:05:05 PM »
Sorry BK, somehow I skipped over your number in my Emergency 2A Rally list ;)
I know for sure RobertH, wallace11bravo, and myself were in attendance.

I thought, from a Firearm Rights standpoint, it went well.  There was one fella ('a gun owner and hunter') that berated the senator over his votes against the expanded background checks (some applause).  Senator Johanns barely batted an eye and told him this is one issue they would have to agree to disagree on.(Rousing Applause)  I appreciated that the senator took what time he could to explain that the bill was far more reaching than simple background checks.  He also stated that as he made no bones about his support for the Second Amendment during his election bid, he believes his stance is that of the people that elected him. 
As we left, we thanked him for his support of the 2A on behalf of the NFOA.   (Then Robert punched me for 'stealing his line' ;) then proceeded to ruin my 'diet' by draggin' us to some greasy burger joint.  For follow-up discussions, of course. ) 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »
Sounds like the supporters made their point.  Again thanks to everyone for attending on such short notice.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »
sorry for my AAR being a little late.....  this is the first time i have ever went to anything like this.  i usually end up working or out of town.  it was an okay turnout.  i'd say maybe 50-ish people.  but, there were only a few chairs not filled.  we came in late, so we were fortunate enough to sit in the front row and were able to speak with him almost immediately after Q&A.  to me, Johanns supported his sides very well and backed up everything he said with facts.  i'm glad he didn't hesitate or dance around gun control when it was mentioned.  the meal was really good with some good conversation.

and yes NE Bull... those burgers were amazing.  enjoy the rest of your "diet."   :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:13:44 AM by RobertH »
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official