< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Renewal Online  (Read 945 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Renewal Online
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
I just renewed my Utah CFP (That's what they call it) online.  It cost an additional $0.75 to process online, which is, in my opinion, well worth the extra charge.  The most difficult part of it was getting a passport style photo that meets their requirements.  For example, I had trouble finding a white background since none of the walls in my house are white.  Secondly, having to crop/shrink it to 2"x2" was a little time consuming since the software I have is not the greatest.  I ended up going to an online website that will crop the photo for you for free. 

During the process I spoke with their office regarding the photo.  I was not sure if I could just submit a photo and they would do the cropping & resizing, or if I needed to do that.  His answer was that the applicant needs to do most of that.  After selecting the image file on my computer, the webform had me do a final crop.  I also asked if there were any issues with the photo, would they let me know, and he assured me they would get it worked out.

I will try to remember to post in this thread again when it shows up so people have an idea of the turn around time.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
Re: Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Renewal Online
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
The most difficult part of it was getting a passport style photo that meets their requirements.  For example, I had trouble finding a white background since none of the walls in my house are white.

I took a "selfie" with my cell phone camera, removed shadows on the wall in GIMP (sort of an open-source Photoshop), made some other tweaks, and then cropped and scaled to the required size. I then ordered free prints (introductory offer) from shutterfly, and sent the photos I got in with my Utah application. Worked just fine! The online system that you describe would obviously save some shipping time over my method, so it sounds like a good thing.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Renewal Online
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »
Concerning .....  with all the streets full of blood due to their simplified initial and renewal process......  NOT !!!