< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: This scares the crap out of me...  (Read 5971 times)

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: This scares the crap out of me...
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »
D.C. requires all firearms are registered with the MPD. Unregistered firearms can not be posessed (resident or non-resident). Open carry is prohibited.

What part of this is "law-abiding"?

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »
The part of the 2nd amendment that says "shall not be infringed".

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:31 PM »
Law abiding citizens that have had enough of the law

That's exactly the quandry.   

We often say that the laws being proposed after Sandy Hook would only punish law abiding gun owners and would have no effect on criminals who do not obey laws anyway.   If we turn around and violate existing gun laws we can no longer claim to be "law abiding" gun owners and give room for Leftists to post videos of the proposed marches as evidence that gun owners are wingnuts or worse ... unAmerican terrorists.

Those folks planning to march in Washington, D.C.  and carry live weapons without a D.C. permit cannot then claim to be law-abiding gun owners.  In doing so they expose us all to ridicule and insults.   We won the battle in the Senate.  The Left is planning to bring it up again, but as things are now they will lose again.  If they present their proposed laws AFTER some D.C. incident, and there WILL be an incident, the Left will make SURE of that, the odds are that those who voted against it before will be forced to vote for it the second time.   I think there is room to consider that this outcome is exactly what the guy leading the charge wants.

The ballot box and public persuasion (which is difficult in the wind generated by a Leftist media) is still, IMO, the best approach.   If the situation devolved to the point where the only avenue of expression remaining open  was  armed rebellion then the result would not be what our side would want.    IF one man can cause so much trouble in California, a small fraction of the total number of armed Americans could cause total and complete chaos and lots of destruction.   The first thing that would happen is something Obama is aching to do, declare martial law!  THEN, his executive orders come into play, and his tyranny begins, all in the name of safety. 

Watch some YouTube videos of the battles taking  place in Syria and decide if you think anyone can live in the shattered remains of what once were beautiful cities.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 08:30:29 AM »
Why do i get the Feeling that this would only Help Obama's Gun control attempts more then another attempt to do something like a Fast and furious type operation would?. :(

It's the Wrong time and the Way Wrong way to do it!.

Gives those on the left a "look!! See I told you so" moment.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »
That's exactly the quandry.   

We often say that the laws being proposed after Sandy Hook would only punish law abiding gun owners and would have no effect on criminals who do not obey laws anyway.   If we turn around and violate existing gun laws we can no longer claim to be "law abiding" gun owners and give room for Leftists to post videos of the proposed marches as evidence that gun owners are wingnuts or worse ... unAmerican terrorists.

I agree it is a slippery slope, The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and if we follow it we knowingly violate local laws as in this instance. I do agree that this is not the right way; to fight this local law that is unconstitutional, they need to work with pen and paper first and use their voice. Gosh the more I read about this and the input you are all providing the more this march worries me, I want to believe that out of the 2000 Americans their fighting for attention of their rights that 1% will be wackjobs and that will be enough for a nightmare to happen.
D.C. requires all firearms are registered with the MPD. Unregistered firearms can not be posessed (resident or non-resident). Open carry is prohibited.

Unconstitutional laws are NOT laws, as far as 2A is concerned the supreme court just recognized that in overturning the illinois CCW prohibition.

Yup, I think the comparison stands.

How would you feel if there were a 1000 armed protesters on your front lawn ?

How would you feel about a 1000 armed individuals moving in an organised fashion near your political capital ?

Sorry its hard for me to stomach a comparison between Americans, and a communist regime hell bent on threatening us with war.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 11:57:37 AM by wusker »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
Unconstitutional laws are NOT laws, as far as 2A is concerned the supreme court just recognized that in overturning the illinois CCW prohibition.

I agree, wusker, but the problem is that someone has to be convicted of violating an unconstitutional law, then appeal and hope that the appeal makes it to the Supreme Court and they are found innocent.  Even then, paying for the legal bills could bankrupt most people I know.    Then there is the problem that even among Supreme Court Justices are folks who obviously lied when taking their oath because they do have "mental reservations" and at least one hasa "purpose of evasion".  Then assuming that a majority of the Supremes rule in favor of the Constitution the conviction is overturned and the law declared unconstitutional.

BUT, keep this in mind.  BOTH of the previous two ruling in favor of the 2A were by 5 to 4 votes.  IF a SINGLE Justice retires or dies, the odds are that Obama will replace that judge with  a person who is as Marxist as he is, and that will reverse the vote to 4-5.  When that happens Marxist will create a gun case ASAP and rush it to the Supremes, who will immediately reverse the last two decisions and go so far as to "interpret" the 2A to apply only to the military, and that laws forbidding citizens owning firearms are not only constitutional, but mandatory.   THAT act would trigger an armed rebellion, but it would be short lived.   Scarce ammo vs 2 billion rounds.

The only hope and choice for most Constitution and freedom loving citizens would be to move to or live in a state which, essentially, seceded from  the Union.   This scenario was predicted by a Russian political professor in 1998.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Panarin  He predicted that the USA would break up into 6 parts by 2010.   He missed the date but some still believe that something like that will happen before 2016.  Here  is what he predicted the US would look like:

IF there was some form of civil war and states began to break off, I suspect that Russia would take the opportunity to invade Alaska and take back Seward's Folly, claiming we stole the land in the first place.  China would invade Hawaii, and the Pacific territories, and Cuba and Venezuela would invade our Caribbean  territories.    Mexico (or the drug cartels) would invade the SouthWest and California. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:39:05 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
'zackly

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »

And, until a "law", Constitutional or not, is overturned...that law can be enforced.

There are better methods to challenging laws. Something as touchy as firearms definately needs a better approach than an armed march.  As several have pointed out, there is too much room for error and too much at stake.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 07:18:50 PM »
Sorry its hard for me to stomach a comparison between Americans, and a communist regime hell bent on threatening us with war.

South Korea is communist ?  News to me. 

I had mentioned both sides of the fence there because any armed troop movement by either side would be provocative.

And the line of thought is 1,000's of semi-organized armed individuals.  Should make anyone slightly nervous.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »
Sry no ofense intended; as far as 1000 armed protestors making someone nervous I totally agree with you. You did say NK and SK I was only quoting you originally. But the comparison I find is cloudy to me as it is 1000 American protestors and 1000 armed military troops half of them being from a very violitile communist country, NK  is no scarier than Iran. I just hate the idea of somone comparing Americans to NK, no matter how misguided they are (American protestors) in essence what they are saying is purely pro-constitution. But their actions, hopefully this time will not speak louder than words; I can only pray for the best outcome.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:25:02 AM by wusker »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 07:42:42 AM »
do you guys realize who is instigating this march on Washington?   he has a history of clashes with police that end with video taped arrests.  this is what this guy does, and the bigger clash, the better as he sees it.

here is an interview with this guy.

Mind you, this guys antics gives pause to Alex Jones, which should really frighten the rest of us.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:13:27 PM by Gary »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:02:08 PM by CitizenClark »

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »
I think I remember some other character who made a big show of staging protests that ended in arrests, all in order to draw attention to injustices committed by government. Hmmm, who was that...? Oh yeah, this guy:

A big difference between a guy whose protests keep getting more and more in your face/asking for violence and the peacefull marches by Doctor King.  The fact that he is asking for a march/protest is not the issue, but asking for it to become violent is.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
I just hate the idea of somone comparing Americans to NK,

A bit of patriotic pride still, that's nice :)

I can understand the complaint hehehe.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
There are better methods to challenging laws.
Um, like the corrupt court system? Unconstitutional laws that are being enforced need to be fought at the time of enforcement. A sheep can't fight back after the wolf has already killed it. Don't be a sheep.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »
Um, like the corrupt court system?

Obviously there are other options to promote change.

Play your sheep/wolf animal games...doesn't make much sense to me.  I am neither.

D.C. has it's rules layed down and challenging those rules by breaking them just ensites bad feelings from a great number of directions. Threat will be met with superior force. Incident will fall on all of us.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
A bit of patriotic pride still, that's nice :)

I can understand the complaint hehehe.

Oh I gotta reply to that get ready for run-on-sentence-time. Oh be sure about it my friend their is not "a bit of American pride" there is tons more, here I fly my flag each holiday, daily I fly my culpepper flag, on Memorial day I take all six kids and the wife down to Admas, Ne where the whole Wusk family is from, we watch the local VFW with my uncle being the eldest member, fire off the guns and a cannon. My favorite patriotic song is "Battle Hymn of the Republic". I kick myself in the ass for being a selfish kid and not serving my country in uniform mostly cause I know I would have stuck to that lifestyle like glue. My father was a career fighter pilot and the sounds of jets gives me a ... well you know what i mean. I cry like a little girl that just got spanked when I watch patriotic war movies such as band off brothers, letters from iwo jima, amd Savng private Ryan, I know that John waynes greatest 3 movies were Red River, El Dorado, and The searchers. I have issues with immigrants that dont speak the language and have been here for more than 5 years, this is coming from a guy that spent 10 years a journeyman tile setter in california, trust me i seen em pile i used minivans and live in apartments for 8 months then head back to their farms and ranches in Mexico, paying no taxes, and still never bothering trying to learn the language, but they got no issue with asking for a interpter when they bring their wife or kids in to the emergency room or hospitol, on my tax dollars, at the same time I love their hardwork and integrity leaving a live of nothingness and having the ability to actually reach certain dreams, the American dream is work for it, NOT ASK FOR IT, most of those brothers do and I love those that embrace the American dream cause it is still alive for some, I believe the constitution should be amended and only a president and vice-president that have sreved in the military should be eligible election, no one should serve as the head of the U.S. that can send our men and women into battle that has not himself served so that he would know the price they pay and to forgo the seat of such honor being a political career highpoint, I believe each and every political appointee from senators/congressman and any elected or apppinted party from the elected official should never be allowed to make more than the average median U.S annual salary, Wow i have totally gone way too far sory its friday night and I had 34 hours of OT, I am no  longer on-call and I may or maynot have had too much wine tonight, you may say "wine wusker?" Dude im from california!? DUH!     

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
Watch the video I posted, this guy wants a confrontation with law enforcement.   I think this guy will get arrested before the protest, for treason, or wanting to overthrow the government, or some similar charge, and that will be like throwing a bucket of coal oil on a fire.   What would be a few dozen protesters, will be thousands.   I do not see this ending well.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
Give me more time to stock food, plz......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »
Watch the video I posted, this guy wants a confrontation with law enforcement.   I think this guy will get arrested before the protest, for treason, or wanting to overthrow the government, or some similar charge, and that will be like throwing a bucket of coal oil on a fire.   What would be a few dozen protesters, will be thousands.   I do not see this ending well.
I did watch the video. I don't think he is anywhere near the whackjob you make him out to be. You've made it abundantly clear in past post that you are totally anti open carry, so there is no surprise at all that we view this differently.

Like it or not confrontation is coming. It's just a matter of when - it's gotta start somewhere.