< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: This scares the crap out of me...  (Read 5970 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: This scares the crap out of me...
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 02:35:37 AM »
I did watch the video. I don't think he is anywhere near the whackjob you make him out to be. You've made it abundantly clear in past post that you are totally anti open carry, so there is no surprise at all that we view this differently.

Like it or not confrontation is coming. It's just a matter of when - it's gotta start somewhere.

To prove I do support the Second Amendment, I will give you fifty bucks travel money, if you wish to march with your loaded rifle in this protest. Save a gas receipt from the area, and I will reimburse you.  Have a good time.  Check in from the site, and report back to us.  We would love on the spot reports, maybe with pics of you and your rifle, leaning on the White House fence.

I don't think he is a whack job, I think he is dangerous.   Anybody that thinks it is prudent to grab a monster by the tail, for no other reason, but to tease it, is dangerous.  The gov has not come unglued, that we need to take action against them.  To march on them unprovoked, is cause to get arrested, and loose your gun rights forever.  The people in this march will end up with changed lives, pretty certain of that.

When Alex Jones tries to tell someone, politely, to pull back and rethink something, that should tell everyone something.

You do not test thin ice on a deep lake, by driving your car on it.  You do not spit into the wind, as the famous old song goes, and you do not march on the White House with 1000 loaded guns.

If you step out a 10 story window, you do not break the law of gravity, you confirm it.

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2013, 07:23:20 AM »

I don't think he is a whack job, I think he is dangerous.

You do not test thin ice on a deep lake, by driving your car on it.  You do not spit into the wind, as the famous old song goes, and you do not march on the White House with 1000 loaded guns.

If someone thinks this is good tactics, I would like to know which play book they are using. The patriots in the Revolutionary war eventually realized it was not a good idea to stand in orderly rows to be mowed down. I say "never surrender, but withdraw if necessary".

The message it sends is that "we don't care about the law", while at the same time we are saying "you must follow the second amendment". It makes us no better than the libtards.

We need to exercise patience while continuing to push back hard using every LEGAL means possible. The current rulers lack of respect for the law will hang them given enough time. And if their monetary policies continue to collapse the US dollar worldwide, those that want confrontation will get more than their share, but it won't be pretty. Remember, the "good guys always win" only happens in the movies, and there are a lot of world powers that would love to see us taken down.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
The current rulers lack of respect for the law will hang them given enough time.
That is what the people of Great Britain thought too - then one day they woke up to total confiscation. It's worse than you folks think it is, and you need to wake up.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »
It's worse than you folks think it is, and you need to wake up.      

I am pretty sure folks realize the gravity of their 2A Right. We all just went through a legislative attack on that right and there is more coming. The Government just put a huge effort against a relatively minor crime issue. Obviously their agenda is something other than crime control.
But, if you believe this is a recent development or head of an issue, you would be wrong. Infringement has occured for 40+ years I have been a gun owner and historically far before that.  Fortunately, gun ownership has increased dramatically and public acceptance has vastly improved. Promoting this trend alone will do more than any other effort. Increased membership and money into Pro-gun / 2A lobbies will help tip the scale more than anything else. Money=Power...something politicians understand.  Bringing more law-abiding people into responsible ownership shifts the divide between pro/anti. Pro/anti is a huge division of citizens, add a amount of the Pro side not willing to give up what you have and the divide moves the wrong way. Adding weight to the Anti side doesn't help.
I doubt anyone is not awake...more a case of involvement.  I do not include involvement in an armed challenge of existing law.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:21:03 AM by SS_N_NE »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »
If this march takes place, as promised, it will spell disaster for those involved, and something this ill advised, could bring on a larger police presence (undeclared martial law) than we saw in Boston recently.   Setting the precedence for martial law, to combat Second Amendment supporters is going to be very bad for us all.  I would urge all of us, to send a note to this guy, Adam, and urge him to switch his protest to something inside the law, and not something outside of it.   Some of us should try to contact this guy, and plead with him not to do this.

This would be no different than 1000 of us marching with loaded guns on the city hall in Omaha to protest their open carry law.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:26:36 PM by Gary »

Offline Poor Man

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
I also believe that this is a dangerous proposal.   However I must agree with some of you, in that even though there has been many good things happen for we responsible and law-abiding gun owners,  I remember when things were much simpler,  ( being an old man).   When I and my Wife were 18 yr. old she decided to purchase a 22 pistol for me.   She entered a sporting goods store found what she wanted, wrote a check for her purchase and left the store unaccompied by a security clerk.   No 4473, no background fiasco type paperwork.  The transaction was complete.  I personally do not feel  "safer" today than I did at that time.  Does all the subsequent legislation make us "safer"?   How about enforcing just the current conglomeration of laws and regulations?                          hcepel
Most folks who get lost in thought are
stumbling around in unfamiliar territory

Law is not necessarily Justice: nor is Justice necessarily Legal

NRA Life Member; CCRKBA Life Member;Charter Member - Second Amendment Task Force. Member of Gun Owners of America. and, National
Ass'n for Gun Right

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
A big difference between a guy whose protests keep getting more and more in your face/asking for violence and the peacefull marches by Doctor King. 

Exactly!

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Money = Power

Money is the weapon that we are not using. We somehow need a coordinated effort to boycott not only the companies that donate to our enimies, we also need to boycott those that buy advertising on our enimies propanganda outlets. Money talks and BS walks, the stunt to march on Washington is just that, a stunt to gain some attention.

Mr. Coffe (an advertiser on CNN's Piers Morgan) is small enough that the brand could be devistated if all concerned gun owners boycotted their products. It would not take long for all of the smaller companies to get in line, then we could gang up on the biggies like GE and AT&T. Ours and the NRAs money would have a lot more bang for the buck than spending it on attorneys. We would magnify our lobbying efforts as the companies that we boycotted would be begging the lawmakers to help us or they would withhold their money also.

We had a good Senate bill on gun rights introduced in Alabama, then the NRA got involved and it was compromised to be very little more than what we had. The damn attorneys always want to play nice and pat each other on the back and go out for beers after they compromise. While I maintain that we have to stay legal, it doesn't mean we have to be nice!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
That is what the people of Great Britain thought too - then one day they woke up to total confiscation. It's worse than you folks think it is, and you need to wake up.

I think you are making a number of assumptions that you have no basis for---not only about how bad it is, but what people currently think about it.

In addition, making that an argument for deliberately breaking the law in a way that is LIKELY to lead to accidents, injuries, and possible deaths (carrying loaded firearms en masse in a place where is it not legal, in public so that anyone who wants to turns it into something horrible has a free shot) seems to me to be---counterproductive.

There is a time and place for protests that break the law---and in the past, intelligent people who have done precisely that have done so to make a point of the law being bad, and made arrangements with police so that errors and accidents (leading to injuries) do not occur.   If the point is to publicly break the law, be arrested, and be allowed to fight it in court and make your point---then the point is to NOT have it cause problems, the point is to make it public, safe, efficient, and NOT a media disaster.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and assuming that you don't want a massacre, a riot, or any injuries or deaths.  I'm also assuming that you don't want any martyrs "for the cause" nor any policeman being killed for simply doing their job.

Under that benefit---how will this march IN ANY WAY benefit the cause of the 2nd amendment?  If the point was to show the law is wrong, and to attempt to change it in court, wouldn't it be possible to do that with UNLOADED guns, that were shown to be unloaded, so that any errors that occurred could NOT have come from the protestors?  (Still is a dumb idea, but it at least minimizes the chance that injuries/deaths would be attributed to the protestors.)

I'm curious---when the police stop the protestors (which they will do, as it will be their job), do you think that having lots of loaded weapons (that the protestors should NOT be using to resist, as the police are doing their job and following the law) that the police will need to clear and confiscate, is going to be a good idea?  Or do you think that the protestors should violently resist being arrested for obviously breaking the law?

I'm not understanding:  What's the point of this protest?    If the protest is against gun laws, why do the guns need to be loaded?  Isn't possession of the firearm enough?  Is there a reason why fighting rhetoric is being used?

It is quite simple, really:  If this protest occurs, and the weapons are loaded, the chance is very high that something will occur that can and will be used against gun owners for YEARS.  And if nothing occurs---what positive thing will occur that couldn't have happened if the guns were unloaded?  Or better yet, the protest didn't even happen?

What positive will come from this, as currently planned?  Other than negative media attention (which we don't really need) what exactly is happening to help the 2nd amendment?

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this.  Something about stupid people in large groups never seems to end well.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this.  Something about stupid people in large groups never seems to end well.

Isn't that how Zombie Hords get formed ?
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
Isn't that how Zombie Hords get formed ?

+1
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/armed-march-on-dc-canceled/2013/05/30/6045219e-c95b-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html?hpid=z3

Armed march on D.C. canceled

By Peter Hermann, Thursday, May 30, 3:06 PM E-mail the writer

The activist who threatened to lead an armed march on Washington on July 4 has canceled the event but is urging people to converge on the 50 state capitols to protest gun regulations, according to his recent appearance on an Internet talk show.

“Please don’t come to Washington, D.C. Appeal on a state level,” Adam Kokesh, an Iraq war veteran, said in an interview Tuesday on “The Pete Santilli Show.” “We shouldn’t be begging the government to change. We should be hoping they respect our rights.”
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 11:22:55 PM »
The activist who threatened to lead an armed march on Washington on July 4 has canceled the event

I  would hope that he had come to his senses but more likely he didn't persuade enough people to lose theirs.