< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: high_capacity mags!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline 2guns

• NFOA Full Member
high_capacity mags!
« on: May 08, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »
Wow if this doesn't scare you into calling your  Senators nothing will.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/shock-video-makes-case-for-high-capacity-magazines/

Friend me on facebook Twoguns prepper

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Re: high_capacity mags!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:59 PM »
Practice those reloads baby.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »
Really should stop using the "high capacity" term....they aren't high capacity, they are standard. 30 round magazines are standard for the AR. 19 round magazines are standard for the XDM 9. 10 round magazines are standard for the M&P 40. and so on. Even the 100 round magazines are standard because that is what those magazines are designed for.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:17:06 AM »
Really should stop using the "high capacity" term....they aren't high capacity, they are standard. 30 round magazines are standard for the AR. 19 round magazines are standard for the XDM 9. 10 round magazines are standard for the M&P 40. and so on. Even the 100 round magazines are standard because that is what those magazines are designed for.

when you buy a corvette you don't tell everyone it comes with a standard engine.  bigger is better and we speak of things in that light. human nature, good or bad.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
when you buy a corvette you don't tell everyone it comes with a standard engine.  bigger is better and we speak of things in that light. human nature, good or bad.
Yes, buuuut...The public being the uniformed, easily swayed, media trusting herds that they are will have their thoughts molded by words, right or wrong.  People who get the corvette and describe it with the "big engine" are trying to impress others (or possibly make up for a male shortcoming  ;D). 

Many issues debated in the public forum have been won simply by their choice of descriptive words.  Assault Weapon and Profiling are terms that have bad connotations, yet they are not necessarily applied correctly.

This is a war of words.  We are trying to sway the public's opinion, which is a far cry from someone trying to impress others with their "big engine".

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
Gary,

That descriptive method is merely to seem like one person or object is bigger, badder, better than another; has a one up. It's to make up for one's insecurities and with firearms, there should be no feeling of insecurities.

Also, realize that anything over zero (0) is a "high capacity" to those idiots.

It's the same for the "assault weapon" term. There is no such thing as an "assault weapon", they don't exist. And if they are going to ban one (1) kind of weapon, it makes no sense not to ban all kinds of weapons. Which means no pillows, cloth, food, water, ...everything in existence because everything in existence can be used as a weapon.

And by us using such terms, it gives them legitimacy when they are nothing more than false, propaganda terms.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 04:47:54 PM »

That is not something I've ever mentioned that I can recall unless someone asked about the motor and mine is a Z06 with the "bigger" one.  LOL 

A good term would be bragging.   ;D

I do agree with ProtoPatriot.  Edit well minus the 100 rounders. 

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
I do not own a 15 round mag for my Glock 20.  They have all grown!  I guess mine could be called high capacity?  lol

If ammo is so dangerous, why not sell it in boxes of five rounds, rather than 50 rounds?   Someday, it will come to that.  We will have to fill out federal forms to get more, and give GPS data and trajectory of ammo discharged.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
I tried test driving a vette once.  It was one of the years, where the body was narrower than the wheels, like a woman's figure, narrow at the waist.   Well, I got in, and I could not close the door.  I am 6'7" tall, and not small around, and there was more of me than the vette.

I solved that problem by getting a two wheeled vette. 

Who wants to open the hood to see the engine anyway? 

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
I do agree with ProtoPatriot.  Edit well minus the 100 rounders. 

Fair enough.

I wouldn't say "high capacity" as that is a misnomer. I would go with larger capacity as it is designed to be a certain way making it standard for that kind of magazine/product.

Does it make sense to call a ladle a high capacity spoon? No, it doesn't, it's just a large spoon.

But, no matter what terms are used though, it all comes down to it is no one's business to know what a law abiding citizen purchases, has, does, etc. Not even government. Only after a crime does that change, but it only changes for the person that committed the crime and no one else.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

Absolutely, the size of the engine (or anything else) is no big deal, it all depends on the individuals desire/wants and purposes.

That is a very nice bike though, I like it. But physical size wise...I wouldn't want it, I'm not exactly the biggest person.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:27:40 PM by ProtoPatriot »
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »
I tried test driving a vette once.  It was one of the years, where the body was narrower than the wheels, like a woman's figure, narrow at the waist.   Well, I got in, and I could not close the door.  I am 6'7" tall, and not small around, and there was more of me than the vette.

A C5 or C6 would fit you good!  I keed I keed.   ;)  I have a C5 and though I'm not a small person from what I've read on the forums and have seen in person tall bigger guys don't have a problem fitting in those but yeah the older ones are quite tight inside.