< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA at Pandemic 2013  (Read 953 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
NFOA at Pandemic 2013
« on: June 02, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
We setup on Saturday morning in the vendor area at Pandemic 2013 in Grand Island, NE at the Heartland Shooting Park.  Very nice facilities! 

It was windy on Saturday and not much traffic in the vendor area.  The event itself was maxed out I believe, and it appeared to have run smoothly.  Got to see some familiar faces among the entrants.  Sunday was much nicer, as the wind was down and the sun was out.

A big thanks to Wesley Dickinson for getting this setup and hauling out stuff for the NFOA table.  Thanks for Phil Thompson for helping both days and thanks to Nick Olson for the banner artwork.

Here are some pictures from the event.  The first one is me with our pet zombie Ernie.    Next are two of the setups for the competition to give you an idea how the event was setup.  And the last picture is me being attacked by a Zombie!  Lucky for me that Phil was able to pull off an amazing head shot as I didn't see him coming.  And thanks Wesley for the intial reaction of getting it caught on camera.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:04:44 PM by RLMoeller »

Offline Dakafall

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NFOA at Pandemic 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:22:19 PM »
Just got home a few hours ago and it was an awesome event.  I swung by the table on Sat but only saw the .22LR contest, I thought there was talk of doing a bug out bag raffle, did I miss that?

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:32:03 PM »
We did originally talk about a raffle.  A few good ideas came up.  After looking harder at the number of participants and not knowing about the spectator numbers we weren't so sure that there would be enough people to buy tickets to make that worthwhile.

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 09:34:06 PM »
We did have "guess how many rounds of 22lr in the jar" and win the jar event on Saturday.  The winner was within 25 rds of guessing the right number.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »
looks cool.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »
Sorry I missed you guys.  I was cooped up in the prize dungeon all weekend.  Didn't leave on Saturday until 10pm as we were just barely 1/2 through with packing prize bags. 

It was a long weekend, but seeing all the happy winners was worth it. 
NRA Life Member.