< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Big Shots IPDA/USPSA scheduling question...  (Read 1657 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Big Shots IPDA/USPSA scheduling question...
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »
What days this month are there IDPA and USPSA matches at Big Shots?

I'd like to come down and shoot sometime, but I can't find a schedule, and the Big Shots website still says "every week" which I recall is wrong.

Thanks!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Big Shots IPDA/USPSA scheduling question...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:34:12 PM »
IDPA is every other week... there is one tonight.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »
What days this month are there IDPA and USPSA matches at Big Shots?

I'd like to come down and shoot sometime, but I can't find a schedule, and the Big Shots website still says "every week" which I recall is wrong.

Thanks!

The USPSA is every week as HuskerXDM stated. However, you are ONLY allowed to come down on the weeks that I am not there. I don't need to be pushed further down in the ranking. ;-)

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
The USPSA is every week as HuskerXDM stated. However, you are ONLY allowed to come down on the weeks that I am not there. I don't need to be pushed further down in the ranking. ;-)

Every week?  Or every other week?  (This week being one, and the 18th/19th being the other one this month?)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:28:48 PM »
Every week?  Or every other week?  (This week being one, and the 18th/19th being the other one this month?)

IDPA is every two weeks.  There was one tonight (Tuesday June 4, 2013) and the next one will be Tuesday June 18, 2013.

USPSA is every Wednesday.  There is a match tomorrow night (Wednesday June 5, 2013).  The next one will be one week later on Wednesday June 12, 2013, and every Wednesday unless Sean calls for a break in the league session.

I will be at the USPA match tomorrow .  I GUESS you can come if you WANT.  I've told my wife that she needs to get used to disappointment after 20 years of marriage, and I guess I need to do the same.

Kidding of course.  Come on down and make me look bad, otherwise I can just do that on my own.  ;-)

Fly
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:31:01 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 07:24:32 AM »
IDPA is every two weeks.  There was one tonight (Tuesday June 4, 2013) and the next one will be Tuesday June 18, 2013.

USPSA is every Wednesday.  There is a match tomorrow night (Wednesday June 5, 2013).  The next one will be one week later on Wednesday June 12, 2013, and every Wednesday unless Sean calls for a break in the league session.

Ah. Thanks.  I keep meaning to come down for an IDPA match also, but since it is on Tuesdays I can only do that when my Hapkido class is on break. 

I will be at the USPA match tomorrow .  I GUESS you can come if you WANT.  I've told my wife that she needs to get used to disappointment after 20 years of marriage, and I guess I need to do the same.

I dunno---after all, I hear that you actually have to AIM at the matches down there, and I'm just not used to that in USPSA matches...

Probably will be coming down.  See you there!

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »
Oh, aiming is involved? Pffftttt, definitely not going then!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
I should also note that there WILL be a BigShots indoor USPSA match next Wednesday June 12, 2013 even though the BigShots website says the range will be closed for maintenance. 

If you are on the mailing list, I believe that Sean G. will be sending out an email regarding same.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:32:31 AM »
Probably will be coming down.  See you there!

Nice to see you there tonight Thomas.  Hope you can make another one in the future.

Fly

Offline kurtbec

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:31 AM »
Wish I could have made it  :( , haven't been to an IDPA match or practical shooting match for a couple of weeks and wasn't able to make the last USPSA match either  :angry: :(

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:23:16 PM »
Oh, aiming is involved? Pffftttt, definitely not going then!

Just shoot from the hip.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:36:51 AM »
The IDPA Nebraska indoor matches are currently every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at Big Shots in Lincoln...NOT every other week since some months have 5 Tuesdays (thus no match on that 5th Tuesday).

If you wish to be on the e-mail list for the IDPA Nebraska matches (and are NOT currently on the list by virtue of having been a past match registrant, send me a PM, and I will add you).  The e-mail list serves 4 purposes: 1) announces when the next match will be and where, 2) provides the Course of Fire at least a day in advance of the match, 3) provides the results of the most recent match (usually within 24-48 hours of the match), and 4) provides an opportunity for the Co-Match Directors to make announcements (e.g., we are currently looking into additional locations to hold indoor and outdoor matches to accommodate various CoF designs as well as geographic location opportunities).

Hope this info helps out!  8)
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan