< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Buying a TAVOR battle rifle in a Kentucky gas station!  (Read 979 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Buying a TAVOR battle rifle in a Kentucky gas station!
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

Wait!  That's not Kentucky, that's Canada!  And, they don't have an ammo shortage!

P.S.-  The design of that TAVOR makes a lot of sense.  They are only $2,500 on GunBroker, or $2,000 if you buy it from IWI:
http://www.iwi.us/tavor.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:55:03 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Buying a TAVOR battle rifle in a Kentucky gas station!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »
Ok..... That's really not that uncommon. I've seen guns for sale in a grocery store in Wyoming, in a Chevron and Bumper to Bumper Auto in Louisiana and in a NAPA in Colorado.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Buying a TAVOR battle rifle in a Kentucky gas station!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »
The Tavor is a neat gun but I'm just not sold on the bullpup design.  It seems to me the only thing they have going for them is compact size.  Mag changes are going to be slower than on an AR - with Stoner's rifle you don't even have to break your position to swap them.  Sight radius (if you have to use iron sights) is short, and the triggers tend to be bad.  American Rifleman said the trigger was "not bad for a bullpup".  Considering the way magazines tend to write glowing reviews of everything they test I would say that's not a ringing endorsement.  Considering I can buy a heck of an AR for 1/2 to 3/4 of the price it doesn't seem worth it.

I'd still take one, though :)