< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pro-Gun Movie Showing in Bellevue Tuesday July 16th  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Pro-Gun Movie Showing in Bellevue Tuesday July 16th
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

On Tuesday July 16th at 7:30pm, the NFOA and Tugg.com are pleased to present Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire at Twin Creek Cinema in Bellevue Nebraska.  Tugg.com is a company that works with organizations and smaller production companies to get movies into local theaters.  The NFOA is presenting the movie, which means we've committed to promotions to sell a minimum of 81 tickets for the showing.  (I've already bought mine, so now we just need 80 more to confirm the showing.)  Unlike other mainstream movie showings, tickets must be prepurchased and this event will only happen if we reserve the minimum number of tickets before the deadline. [BUY TICKETS HERE] Your credit card won't be charged until the minimum number of tickets have been reserved and the movie showing is confirmed.

Here's the trailer:

And here's the film's description:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." – United States Constitution, Amendment II

Newtown school shooting. Aurora theater shooting. Tucson supermarket shooting. Are visceral reactions to tragedies trumping the words of our forefathers? Should we allow fear and the growing concern over public safety to limit our civil liberties?

Dead Patriot Films presents “Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire,” a documentary that brings audiences to the center of the controversy over the issue that is dividing our nation – gun control. Narrated by Ice-T, a critically acclaimed rapper and actor, the film takes a critical look at current gun laws and the rising movement to restrict the rights guaranteed by our Second Amendment.

With the original intention of empowering a citizenry’s ability to defend themselves against a corrupt or tyrannical government, the concept today may seem farfetched or the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster. However, it has happened throughout U.S. history. And long before gun control was positioned as a “common sense measure” to combat violence, it was used as a means to oppress certain minority groups. Presently, the growing trend in gun control favors the wealthy and privileged, who leverage their connections to ensure their Second Amendment rights and safety, while those of lesser means struggle.

Informative and emotionally charged, “Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire” is an eye-opening look at the genesis of the Second Amendment to the Constitution, leading the audience to rethink the issues surrounding gun control, and the effect on civil rights and liberty.

After all, what you don’t know can kill you.

Details
When: Tuesday July 16, 2013 at 7:30pm
Where: Twin Creek Cinema at 3909 Raynor Parkway, Bellevue, NE, 68123
Cost: $12

How many pro-gun films do we see coming out these days?  Let's show Dead Patriot Films that Nebraska supports the honesty they're bringing to the screen.  Plus, you'll be supporting the NFOA, because as the promoter, we receive 5% of each ticket sale.  Additionally, when you purchase tickets, you have the opportunity to also make a donation to the NFOA.  Don't miss this one night only screening; reserve your tickets before the they're sold out!

Comment below in this thread after you've purchased your tickets, so everyone knows who will be there! 

On a side note, the NFOA is working with Tugg.com to also organize a showing in Scottsbluff.  If there is a member in Lincoln, or another Nebraska city, who wants to be the promotions contact person, please send me a PM and I'll work with you and our Tugg.com rep to get one setup in your city as well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:04:35 AM by Wesley D »
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Pro-Gun Movie Showing in Bellevue Tuesday July 16th
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:20:29 PM »
I'll be picking up at least a single ticket next week.

I hate propaganda in any form, but I'd still like to see what's to be said :)
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:36:45 AM »
I just want to reemphasize that the way that Tugg works is that we are required to presell at least 81 tickets online for the film to show. If we don't hit that minimum, the theater cancels the showing.  As of 7:00am this morning, we need 69 more people.  Tickets won't be available at the door and the deadline for meeting the minimum ticket presale is one week before the showing.  So if you plan to go, make the commitment now and buy your tickets now.  Also, please spread the word to your friends and family and bring them with you - call them, use FB, twitter, texts, USPS, courier pigeons, or smoke signals.  Let's make this happen! 

So, we need to sell 81 tickets to confirm the show and 151 to sell out the theater.  Let me put this in perspective by giving you an idea of what Calguns has done so far in California:
  • 14 Cities are Scheduled
  • 9 Cities are Confirmed
  • 2 Cities are SOLD OUT!
If they can do that in occupied territory, we can certainly sell out one showing here in Nebraska, right?!?!
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
I will take it a step forward (since I tend to hear the " Oh the price of gas , and the drive, Oh My!)
I will offer to drive anyone that wants to go from the Lincoln area. (I will even clean out and unpack the car) Will have room for 3 adults and 1 child.
OR
If we get a huge group that wants to go, maybe we could rent a van (or maybe one of them huge-a$$ed 4x4 SUV redneck limos :D )
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:47:52 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »
I will offer to drive anyone that wants to go from the Lincoln area.

I would take you up on that, but DoD thinks I need to go to Idaho to train some reservists... for half a month.

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »
Ok I just reserved five tickets, I dont know if I will have anybody else going but will be able to take the suburban and can haul myself and 5 more from the Stromsburg area if anybody needs a ride.

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »
BTW is this a carry friendly venue? 

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »
BTW is this a carry friendly venue? 

YES

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »
I bought two tonight.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
when is the deadline for us to sell the tickets?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »
when is the deadline for us to sell the tickets?

One week before the showing

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »
Waiting for payday. (And to hear back from Randi Rogers, She wants to see it to, I'm trying for a mid week date ;) :)) )

Where are we at on sales?- I see there was a bit of a Facebook ticket drive going on yesterday ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
Nice work to all those who bought tickets yesterday. We've 58 left! We're certainly making progress, but need to work harder to meet our goal. Make sure to tell your friends about the movie and explain that they have to buy presale tickets online!

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
Unfortunately, this is the same night as the ENGC meeting and July membership induction.  There will be approximately 200 people that won't be able to attend this movie showing due to that commitment - myself included. :(

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »
Unfortunately, this is the same night as the ENGC meeting and July membership induction.  There will be approximately 200 people that won't be able to attend this movie showing due to that commitment - myself included. :(
Bummer Julie!  It seems like no matter what evening is chosen for these events, there is always a conflict with something else. 

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 05:33:25 PM »
There has been a great response in the last 2 weeks, and we only need to sell 26 more tickets by next Tuesday to confirm this event.  If you've been procrastinating on buying your tickets, now's the time to click here and buy them.  If you've already made the commitment to come to the show, I need your help, too.  Would you email or text a few family and friends to tell them about the movie showing and convince them to buy tickets and join you Tuesday July 16th at 7:30pm?  Tell them they can get more info on the film and see the trailer at: http://nebraskafirearms.org/2013/06/pro-gun-movie-showing-in-bellevue-tuesday-july-16th and they can buy tickets at: http://www.tugg.com/events/4620.  Thanks!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
Got my ticket bought. (didn't get that date with Randi though :( or Julie  :( or the other Julie ;) or....  ;) )

Still need a date ;)  If you are looking for dinner and a movie, we might be able to stop at McD's and hit the dollar menu.  8) 8)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »
Got my ticket bought. (didn't get that date with Randi though :( or Julie  :( or the other Julie ;) or....  ;) )

Still need a date ;)
Wanna be one of my ticket takers at the door?  I hear that's a really sexy job, so you may be able to pick up a date at the door! ;)

By the way, we  are confirmed, so everyone go print your tickets (from the link Tugg sent you) if you haven't already.  Also, there are only 78 seats left until the theater is sold out, so if you have friends or family who are procrastinating, tell them to get on it, or they may miss out. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 05:04:55 AM »
We'll see, depends on if my son tags along or not.

Speaking of, if there any lower cost its for kids?  ( gotta try and save a buck)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 06:39:33 AM »
I also wondered about a discounted kids price, but Tugg just has one flat price and no tiers for kids.