< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Grand Island Appleseed September 5th and 6th  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Grand Island Appleseed September 5th and 6th
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:43 PM »
I am requesting a After Action Report (AAR) on the Appleseed Training.   I really would like to attend next year if I can manage.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Grand Island Appleseed September 5th and 6th
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »
I had a great time...met Rich B and jlficken, along with a bunch of other really good people.  I didn't make rifleman, but I think 5 out of the 14 attendees did.  My high score for the weekend was 200 out of 250, with 210 required to make rifleman.  My first score of the weekend was 165, so you can see I still improved a huge amount.  The instructors were great and very knowledgeable.  For me the best part was learning all the little bad habits I've developed over the years (dragging my trigger finger on the stock, gripping the forend too tightly, etc).

If someone is into service rifle shooting I would say this is a must-attend event, but I would recommend it for everyone.  Definitely worth the $70.