< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: secluded cabin rentals or lots of land to camp on for a few days?  (Read 730 times)

Offline jshan

• NFOA Full Member
does anyone know of a place where a few friends can go on a "survival trip"? and by that i mean a couple first timers and a couple of avid hikers want to get away from humans for a week or so and do some hiking, fishing, plinking and maybe test out some survival techniques.
my vision for this trip is parking at the end of a dirt road somewhere within 6 hours of Omaha, then hiking or canoing into the woods for a few miles (preferrably to a primitive cabin, but tent camping is not out of the equation at the moment), then setting up camp from which we could hike, fish, shoot (but not hunting), create fire with sticks or rocks, and those sorts of things.
we would be prepared, in shape, and not afraid of putting some distance between us and civilization. we don't want electricity or cell service (but we could just ignore it we have to), but a water source would be necessary.
anyone have any ideas or have been to a place like that before?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:45:19 AM by jshan »

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: secluded cabin rentals or lots of land to camp on for a few days?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »
You might want to check out Kildeer Nook Cabin: http://omaha.craigslist.org/vac/3893687816.html  I was planning to stay there this spring but had something else come up.

Offline jshan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: secluded cabin rentals or lots of land to camp on for a few days?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
an excellent suggestion, thanks mudinyeri. this will go on the short list. does anyone know of a place like this in a more wooded area, perhaps close to a river or stream?