< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fun and Freedom Machine Gun Shoot in Kearney Aug 15, 16 2009, NFOA help needed!  (Read 2979 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
The Fun and Freedom Machine Gun Shoot in Kearney is scheduled on the same day as the Broken Bow gun show, so I won't be able to set up there, but I just got off the phone with Walt Kamp, and he will let us set up a table there to sign up members. If someone wants to get in free and man the table, bring a sun shade, chairs, drinks and something to sit on top of the literature to keep it from blowing away, we will get free exposure, Walt will encourage everyone there to sign up with us at every break over the PA.

CCW members from Kansas, Nebraska or any other state can get in for $5 with their CCW card. Anyone wanting a spot on the line can mention they heard on NFOA that spots are still available for the early registration price, which will save $25 over late registration prices. Walt doesn't do the internet yet, so call him at 308-236-7854.

This is a good opportunity for some members to start helping to grow the organization by recruiting new members. Are you up to the task?

I will donate 6 boxes of 223 ammo (20 rounds each) as drawing prizes, have a drawing every hour, at 5 till the hour, for everyone who signs up or is a current member. We will need 200 sign up sheets or more for this event. Walt is expecting at least 150 people to attend as spectators. Who will step up to the plate?  
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:05:07 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
I will be there but will be busy working the line.  Any member who wins your box of ammo can shoot it through a M16 no charge.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
Sounds great Dave, this will definately help getting members signed up. Keep ideas coming guys, just need someone to man the table.

Ammo will be drawn for at 10:55 and every hour till 3:55. Walt will announce the winner before the line goes hot.

Now we need 2 members willing to get this done. I will be in Broken Bow signing members up at the gun show, or I would do it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:34:15 AM by LitlRat »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
An associate member- Gunscribe, told me he was coming back from New Mexico for this shoot. He was instrumental in getting the NFOA started.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
Rich B will be manning the table, anyone want to help out?

Offline Cathy1911

• Past Director- Secretary
  • NFOA Co-Founder
Rich and company did a great job at the NFOA table.  The banner worked out great.

Gunscribe with his BOHICA Arms .50 BMG upper on a DPMS lower:

The main reason I have a bruise on my shoulder this morning:

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
I want to publicly thank RichB, Fluff, Heath, Lane and David Hineline for going out and getting this thing going. They signed up 43 members.  ;D

I wanted to go, and I am glad they were able to fill in for me, Broken Bow Gun Show had 353 people through the door in two days, alot of them were repeat from both days, and alot (guestimated at 75) were already members . There are now 101 new members from Broken Bow and 43 from the Fun and Freedom Shoot. Not bad for a weekend, at 144 members added. 8 people did not sign up, but 6 of them took the flyer and wanted to check out the website first, two flat turned me down.

One didn't want to sign up, till he wanted to buy some items from my table. When I told him I only sell to NFOA members, he decided to sign up. If you won't stand up for your freedom, I will not sell to you, period.

One guy renounced his United States Citizenship, his states residency, turned in his social security number, refused to have a drivers license, and tried to disappear off the radar from the feds. He did not sign up. He is now "On the list."  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:02:27 PM by LitlRat »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
I have to ask why Gunscribe needed a big dowel and a sledge hammer to make that thing run ;)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
From my personal experience with the Bohica upper, the bolt will not extract the shell, but does stay locked on to it. The bolt will open, but you have to tap the empty case from the barrel with a cleaning rod, a wood dowel and a hammer.

Not exactly the best engineered upper, but looks great and is affordable. Hammer on the lower has to be ground down, a m4 spring is recommended, as well as a heavy hammer. I think they have got more of the bugs worked out since I sold mine this spring.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
One guy renounced his his United States Citizenship, his states residency, turned in his social security number, refused to have a drivers license, and tried to disappear off the radar from the feds. He did not sign up. He is now "On the list." 

Maybe he deserves to be on the list..
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
What, no pics of the boys with the banner?

Yeah, theat dude is definately on "the list."

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Oh... Good job recruiting guys.
 Cabelas is next. Get ready LitlRat
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
What, no pics of the boys with the banner?

Yeah, theat dude is definately on "the list."

Kinda glad he's not on our list.  ;)

Excuse me while I adjust my T. F. hat.  ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
I think the dowel is to poke the sniper-shot victim to see if he's really dead, and the sledge hammer is to finish him off if he isn't. :)
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
The Freedom Shoot was a blast (pun intended)! 

Gunscribe graciously let me shoot his .50, and Dave Hineline was courteous enough to let me put a few rounds downrange with his Krinkov and MP5.  Lead farming at its finest!

NRA Life Member.

Offline phorvick

• Forum Member
I really wanted to go...and was so close (geographically anyway) to making it.  I was in Grand Island on the 15th doing a class, but had to be back home (that is MN) for a special class here on the 16th.  If it is done again, I will bring my Reising SMG with....  For us in MN (a C&R only State), that is about as inexpensive a start in the rapid fire world that we can legally undertake.
If butterfiles carried .45's, there would be no sparrow problem.

http://shootingsafely.com