< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Kearney Nebraska M-Gun shoot Aug 15&16 2009  (Read 2045 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:01:05 AM by David Hineline »
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Kearney Nebraska M-Gun shoot Aug 15&16 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:18:53 AM »
The Fun and Freedom Machine Gun Shoot in Kearney is scheduled on the same day as the Broken Bow gun show, so I won't be able to set up there, but I just got off the phone with Walt Kamp, and he will let us set up a table there to sign up members. If someone want to get in free and man the table, bring a sun shade, chairs, drinks and something to set on top of the literature to keep it from blowing away, we will get free exposure, Walt will encourage everyone there to sign up with us at every break over the PA.

I will be donating 6 boxes of 223 ammo to be given away every hour during break to new sign-ups and current members. A drawing box needs to be made, and some papers for sign-ups needs to be taken out also. The shoot starts at 10 am and ends at 5pm on saturday. Times are also scheduled till noon on sunday. Ammo will be drawn for at 5 till the hour, and Walt will announce the winner of the ammo. The sooner they sign up, the better their chances of winning a box of ammo.

Dave Hineline will let the winners of the boxes of ammo shoot it in his M16 free of charge, now that is a way to boost membership!

8-9 positions are still available as of tonight. Mention you heard it on NFOA and Walt will rent you a spot for the early registration price of $75 (a $25 savings over the late sign-up fee).

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:58:51 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »
Great job LitlRat.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »
Thanks Rich, this should boost our numbers by at least a hundred, maybe 200 if we are lucky.

I will be signing members up in Broken Bow NE at the gun show. Should be able to get around 100 there, along with the whole gun club that puts on the show. This should be a record setting weekend overall.

We need someone to man the tables. Time for someone to step up and help with the cause. Sound like fun?

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:51:42 AM »
Rich B is going to man the table, anyone want to help him out?

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 09:36:36 PM »
We have two young members willing to help Rich at the shoot signing up members, my son Lane and his friend Heath. I would still like to see one more person of advanced experience there. The table will be busy for about twenty minutes during the first couple hours during the cold range time. If someone could help out for the first couple hours, it would be a great help.

Scott Barry

LitlRat

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »
Talked to Walt today in the grocery store. Gave him some info and what we would like him to do.

I have a shade to put up over the table, RichB and the boys are are all ready to go. I will go out friday and get the shade and table set up.

Remember, all new and current NFOA members that attend or sign up will be in the drawing for some free ammo, and Dave Hineline will let the hourly winner shoot that ammo through his M16. 6 boxes will be given out. First drawing at 10:55, last drawing will be at 3:55 on saturday. Shooting ends at 5:40. The shoot continues on Sunday till noon. NFOA will only be there saturday.

NFA weapons are our ultimate expression of firearms freedom. If you have never fired a full auto weapon, now is your chance. Nebraska does not have many full auto shoots, and this one is only 2 hours from Lincoln.

Walt has spent quite a bit of his own money to put this on. He is a member of the NFOA and I would like to see him get all the support from us that he can. He is very pro 2nd amendment and an all around nice guy. He does not do this to make money, he does this to express that we have the freedom to still do it.

There will be other NFOA members there also. Dave Hineline, Rob Androina (Exeter Arms) and a few others that I don't have permission to give names, but I guarantee at least 10 other people on the line are NFOA members (because I signed them up).

Sorry I won't be able to attend, I have a gun show at Broken Bow that weekend, where I will be signing new NFOA members up, and trying to make a few bucks.  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:15:02 PM by LitlRat »