< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Armed Robbery in Lincoln  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
Armed Robbery in Lincoln
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
KOLN is reporting on an armed robbery that took place about 3:40 am today in Lincoln - attached is the link to the story ( hope it works)

http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/50939377.html

Note at the bottom the PD's spoke person states that the women was lucky to resist and that you should give an armer robber what ever they want, things can be replaced...

Really? He had already shot his gun in the air.  This is exactly why people (who can legally do so) need to have their CCW permit and be ready for anything at any time!
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
Re: Armed Robbery in Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:15:27 PM »
Note at the bottom the PD's spoke person states that the women was lucky to resist and that you should give an armer robber what ever they want, things can be replaced...

Yea, tell that to the clerk that was shot and killed at the Omaha convenience store a few months ago. Surveillance cameras showed she did everything they told her to do.

Then they killed her.

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, WE need to make being a criminal a VERY dangerous profession, not because you can go to jail and be buggerd by Bubba, not that you could get shanked,  but because some citizen may just put you into the ground, defending what is legally and lawfully theirs. Castle doctrine, stand your ground laws would make a scumbucket think twice about holding up a place. Think about it, would  you, as a robber go into a business knowing that if you do something stupid like hold up a place that you could very easily get shot..

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
Castel doctrine has to be our next legislative priority as a group.  We need to start working with Senator Christensen now and see what we can do.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »
Castle and reafirming our states rights!!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 10:34:33 PM »
Huskergun is right, these are the two main ideas that people I talk to and sign up believe we need to do as a group. I think these are the two most important things we can push through next session, but it will take a lot of hard work to get them both done.

Are we going to be proactive or reactive?
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »
I'm intending to get my CCW asap, so I guess I'll be adding "one more" person that has a weapon when it's needed. :)