< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Your thoughts on this video....  (Read 997 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Your thoughts on this video....
« on: July 16, 2009, 07:16:40 PM »
first off its stephen colbert, so there's a lot of comedy in this skit, but seriously, what do you think about having concealed guns allowed in bars?

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/238642/july-15-2009/difference-makers---doug-jackson

discuss.

robert
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Your thoughts on this video....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
Colbert is an ass. I don't consider him a legitimate news source. That aside, carrying a gun while consuming alcohol is a big mistake...this law does not allow for that.

Just being in close proximity to a bar, or in a restaurant that sells alcohol, does not turn a person into a maniacal killer.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:24:16 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Thomas

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Your thoughts on this video....
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »
My thoughts on carrying a legally concealed gun in a bar: There are several scenarios where I think you should be allowed your right to carry. Here are a couple.

I Live in central Nebraska. When I go out for the day, like hunting trips or to visit friends and family, sporting events, in many rural communities the places to eat are "bar & grills" now without knowing how much revenue is from alcohol or food sales I have to make a choice, if I am carrying:
a. not eat there, depriving the owner of a sale and myself of eating
b. leave my weapon in the vehicle
c. enter and hope the sales of alcohol doesn't exceed 50 percent?

Also, if you are the designated driver .

State law already stipulates you cannot consume alcohol while carrying concealed. So if you are a law abiding citizen who happens to be armed you should be allowed to carry into the bar.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
If You Are Not Consuming Alcohol Why Should A Bar Be A Banned Place
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 02:24:31 AM »
State law already stipulates you cannot consume alcohol while carrying concealed. So if you are a law abiding citizen who happens to be armed you should be allowed to carry into the bar.

+1 Thomas 
Rarely do I drink alcohol, I do eat and socialize, and many establishments who serve up some good grub also sell alcohol into the wee hours. Who knows how much profit is made (what percentage) from alcohol and what from food. If I am not breaking any other section of the Handgun Carry Act than why should I not be allowed to carry? Same with sporting events being banned carry places, not including school sporting events which I believe may involve some federal laws.

I am glad that we have the Right in NE to CCW and we have had to fight for it. LB 430 was a Hugh improvement to the Act. The Nebraska Handgun Permit Act is still indeed of tuning and these along with Reciprocity are just a couple that need revised. Leaving my highly valued firearm in a vehicle that has a higher percentage chance of getting broken into than a bar fight involving myself is just wrong. With this section of law I also have to be concerned because my firearm may be involved in a felony after it is stolen. Yes I do have a small lock box keyed and cabled for some slight anti-theft insurance that is not my point.

Americas Second Amendment please sign here, ____________ all other Rights no signature required.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775