< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Send your messages to Nelson and Johanns  (Read 3614 times)

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Send your messages to Nelson and Johanns
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
We'll see if he's still smiling when the NRA gives him a lower rating next time.  Email NRA and push them that way, since they seemed to be waffling a bit.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »
We'll see if he's still smiling when the NRA gives him a lower rating next time.  Email NRA and push them that way, since they seemed to be waffling a bit.

Good call... the NRA blinked on this one, and got caught between the eyes. If they don't hit back hard, they'll be declared "ineffectual" and "no longer a consideration" for legislators by the lefties in the media.

It's interesting that the AP article in the World-Herald (which cited the Journal Star as the source, now THAT's funny) only mentioned that the NRA has threatened to "downgrade senators' ratings". No mention of why... don't want too many people to know what she actually said?..... there was no mention of the Ricci vs. New Haven decision, the "wise Latino" comment or any other issue either. Wonder why they only mentioned the NRA threat? Perhaps that's where he was getting the most blowback?

It's also interesting that three days after saying he's "thinking about it," he jumps on board. Musta got a phone call.

I'm headed off the NRA website now.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:09:16 PM by wwhuskerman »

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »
I'll be there, too, as soon as I'm done walking my dogs and washing my truck.  (Not that either of those are more important!)  There was an angry letter to the editor in today's LJS about Nelson (and others) not announcing their decisions soon enough for their constituents to try and change their minds if they considered the decision a mistake.  I thought that was kind of silly.  Give them your opinions before they make their decisions so they don't have to risk appearing like they don't know what they want should they feel like reversing themselves.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 03:43:42 PM »
It looks like his decision would not make a difference in the overall vote, she is in regardless of whether Nelson votes for her or not. His vote reflects his true opinion, now we have proof that he is an idiot who does not care about his constituents, only his standing with the Dims. He is now going to get my complete and undivided attention, Game on, Ben.   
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...

...be sure and post a "comment" on the Nelson article at the Journal-Star website. I've been told that Nelson's staff reviews the "comments" Nelson stories get on the website to see what people back home are saying.

Yea, you'll have to "sign up" with a username and password, but if it's getting to his office, well... that's more than I know about the emails I send him.

Offline singleshot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »
I  emailed Nelson and took him to task about his vote on Holder. I recieved no reply. I also emailed him about sotomayer and recieved no reply.
 We need to work togather and defeat this guy next election. We also need to contact the NRA and get them to jerk his A rating.

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »
Hope to God that Soto is not BO's key to future 2nd amendment attacks! 

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 04:31:16 PM »
I got a response from the NRA today from the email I sent yesterday asking that they do, indeed, use the confirmation votes as part of their basis in rating future candidates.  I was assured that they will and that had also sent letters to every member of the Senate to make sure they knew, too.  Here is the link to a pdf version of the letter they sent:  http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/Sotomayor.pdf

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
BTW, here is a link to an article explaining Nelson's decision, in case anyone is interested.  I'm not even sure how, or why I started getting emails from statepaper.com, but they have so far seemed to do a better job of reporting things than most news services.

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2009/08/05/4a79c149726f6

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
Does anyone who where Senator Ben Nelson and Johanns are at? I thought that they were to tour the state to mingle with their constituents this week. Let me know. 
"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »
If you find out, let us know. He won't be hard to spot. Nelson will be the guy with the goofy hair and a yellow streak on his back.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline DJPeter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 08:44:20 PM »
You got it. I should have some leads tomorrow. The Norfolk Daily News reported last week the Ben would be in Norfolk along with other Nebraska sites (Omaha) to mingle with us voters.
"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country".
James Madison