< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Send your messages to Nelson and Johanns  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Send your messages to Nelson and Johanns
« on: July 16, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »
 I received the ALERT from the NFOA on sotomayer!! I sent emails to both B.Nelson and M. Johanns urging them both to vote AGAINST her confirmation!! I was very blunt and to the point on her possible bastardization of the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution!

I URGE and EXPECT every member of this Association to send emails and Bombard our Senators with our position!! I truly believe that Johannswill vote AGAINST with regards to all his communications with me! (I send emails to both Sens. and A. Smith twice weekly)

With regards to Sen. Nelson, He's a "brownshirt" who will vote his party despite what it means with regards to our rights as Gunowners!

Let's put the pressure on them and ask to rally others for support of our agenda!

Thanks!

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Send your messages to Nelson and Johanns
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:04 PM »
Sent my letter. I think it's time for Ben Nelson to go the way of Hagel.

Don't forget to call Senator Nelson and Johanns
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:00:14 PM »
Nelson needs to be reminded that he serves the people of Nebraska, not the Democratic Party, vote and fund his opponent in the next election...

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 11:52:24 PM »
I just reminded him again that he represents Nebraska, he is voting for Nebraska, not his new best friends.

If he votes for her, I will make it my personal goal to get him voted out, and devote 100% of my focus on that goal. And trust me, Nelson does not want my complete and undivided attention.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 03:52:13 AM »
I agree with you!      I told Nelson in my letter that I would look at his vote record and would hold him responsible for any attack on my 2nd Amendment right.           

This guy is a squib!!!!          In one response from him 2 weeks ago he told me he believed in reasonable restrictions with regards to my gun rights!

I fired off another email to him and informed he to explain his reasoning. I informed him of my rights and explained I didn't want to hear about "reasonable restrictions".  Guess what?  The frog in his response says he believes in "reasonable procedures"!

This idiot is something else!  Now, I'm sure he's sitting at his computer answering emails, Right? I doubt it!!   He's got some ragged tooth intern with an Ivy league education who thinks they're the next Atilla-the-hun!!!!!

Send those messages! I'll be sending another round of letters of my own on Friday night!!!!!!!

Thanks!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »
Did my part, sent in an email to both of them.

I agree with you, if either of them votes to actually put this crazy woman into the Supreme Court we need to make sure they are *NOT* re-elected.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »
Sent my emails yesterday. Received a "thanks" from Johanns.

No response from Nelson.

Interesting.

Sometimes I wonder if the liberal DC-based staffers in some of our legislators' offices are "selective" when it comes to how many and which emails our representatives actually see.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »
Sent my emails yesterday. Received a "thanks" from Johanns.

No response from Nelson.

Interesting

Sometimes I wonder if the liberal DC-based staffers in some of our legislators' offices are "selective" when it comes to how many and which emails our representatives actually see.

Update: This little gem was buried in a World Herald article about Johann's views on the Ag Secretary's cap-and-tax, errr... trade legislation:

WASHINGTON ? Judge Sonia Sotomayor did well in her confirmation hearings last week, Sen. Ben Nelson said Tuesday.

The Nebraska Democrat had expressed initial concerns about past statements by the Supreme Court nominee, but he said Tuesday that those concerns have been laid to rest.

?She explained away what she meant and how it came out differently, perhaps, than she had anticipated and perhaps was also taken differently than she intended,? Nelson said.

Nelson said he still wants to see what the Senate Judiciary Committee does with the nomination before deciding how he will vote.

BEN'S NOT LISTENING... if you haven't sent that email or made that phone call... do it now!

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 08:11:31 AM »
Did anyone get their letter back yet from Johannes that he promised to send?
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
Did anyone get their letter back yet from Johannes that he promised to send?

No, but it's only been a couple days since I emailed them.

On the other hand, I've still received nothing, not even an acknowledgement of receiving my email, from Nelson's office. Does anyone who has contacted him before know if that's standard operating procedure?

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
I don't know what Nelson's standard procedure is, but I didn't get any acknowledgement either.  I suppose most of these politicians get a lot of mail, and there is probably no way they could actually respond to everything and still get anything else done (like they do, anyway?).  Still, when it comes to computer-based contacts they should all be able to send an automated response so you at least know they got your message.  Maybe Nelson had a power surge like the DMV!
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
From my past letters to Nelson's office I usually got a written response back in the mail, generally after whatever action that is being written about has completed in the Senate.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
Get back on it folks, the time is now to bombard him.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 07:47:39 PM »
Get back on it folks, the time is now to bombard him.

Preach on, brother Rat... preach on.

A news story on KFAB today said Nelson said he's "waiting to decide on how he votes on the Sotomayor nomination." He says he's spending the time "convincing himself that she will not be an activist judge."

Good luck with that Ben... but I digress.

This is a change from his statement immediately following the judiciary committee hearings, when he said he "liked what he saw, felt she would judge objectively and not be an activisty" (which is a load of bull).

So... he's hearing from people, folks... and he's getting nervous. Like my good friend LilRat says NOW IS THE TIME!!!  Don't let off the gas!!!

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 09:28:48 PM »
just read this.  outlook doesn't look promising.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090802/ap_on_go_su_co/us_sotomayor_nra

NRA loosing its power in DC?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
From the linked article:

It was cautious about breaking that pattern..."
And therein lies the problem:  the NRA... the N-freaking-RA... one of the most powerful lobby's in DC... BLINKED. The anti-gunners smelled blood in the water, and now the NRA is about to be castrated by the media as "ineffective." See what happens when you try to play "nice"...?

Asked whether he was worried about ruining his perfect NRA score and endorsement by opting to vote for Sotomayor, Nelson paused and said with a smile, "I'd probably have a good rating regardless."
Smile when I do everything I can to ruin your next election, Ben. I don't give a rat's hind end what your "rating" is... I WILL get involved with whoever is running against you and donate time and money to get your sorry @ss out of DC if you vote to approve Sotomayor.

But it stopped short of saying it would include the vote on her confirmation in its political ratings.
Why the hell not?!?!?! THIS IS THE PROBLEM, PEOPLE! The NRA is playing "nice," when the Dems are playing for keeps. After all these years of playing hardball, they've finally fallen into the DC "let's just all get along so we all get invited to the right parties" mentality.

In the days since, other senators have inquired privately as to how much they could hurt themselves by supporting Sotomayor, only to be given an ambiguous answer: It's too early to tell.
HEY NRA!!!!  I'm not paying your membership fees so you can be cute. Lay down the law like you used to: a "yes" vote is going to hurt you. Period."

Good Lord, is LaPierre paying attention to what his people are saying? This woman is a MAJOR THREAT to 2nd Amendment rights!

___

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »
Well, let's hope the NRA backs up its threats and these turncoats get booted out next election (assuming there's someone better running against them).

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 07:44:43 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ???  >:(  ::)

Prime example of why we formed the NFOA.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
Nelson is going to support Sotomayor.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090803/NEWS01/708039841

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »
Nelson is going to support Sotomayor.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090803/NEWS01/708039841

Not surprised at all.

Vote him out!!!!!!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.