< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Rotating double barrel black powder rifle at Cabelas  (Read 3529 times)

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
Rotating double barrel black powder rifle at Cabelas
« on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »
Good morning,

About a month ago, I was browsing the used gun racks at Cabelas. I saw a unique black powder rifle that got my interest, mainly 'cause I had never seen one before :)

I don't remember the make/model, etc, but it was a black powder rifle, .50 cal. But, this one had an over/under style barrel that rotated 180 degrees into firing position. When I first picked it up, I was curious and it took me a moment to figure out what it even was.

This morning, the rifle was on my mind again and I did some quick Google searches. It is likely a Numrich Arms.

I doubt the rifle is still there after all this time, but I am going to run out this afternoon and look. Has anyone seen one of these before? Anyone fire one?

With all that weight, its not a user friendly firearm I'm sure, but I do like the odd guns and this one sort of fits the bill :)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Rotating double barrel black powder rifle at Cabelas
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »
Hmmm, interesting indeed.
Soooo was it still there?  When we gonna go choot-it?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
Man, I would have been happy as hell to watch you pop a few rounds through it! But...someone beat me to it. Hopefully a NFOA member is now the proud owner!!  :D

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »
Man, I would have been happy as hell to watch you pop a few rounds through it! But...someone beat me to it. Hopefully a NFOA member is now the proud owner!!  :D

Next time, let me know, call or go into the store and ask for it to be held.

You can do a 5 day hold on most things at Cabelas.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:54:36 PM by ProtoPatriot »
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
Yeah, I've done that several times. I often walk away from an awesome find only to call the store back that evening  ::) But, I feel at least like I am not impulse buying! lol

I have been moving over the last month and the gun budget went towards fuel, dumpster rentals, new things for the house, etc. We finally finished up this week-end so it's back to "game on" the next time one speaks to me. I'm not overly upset over losing the BP,  yeah, I now wish I owned it (that and a few thousand others I have walked away from lol), but there will be another gun, another time.

I truly hope a NFOA member ended up with it. I'd like to hear more about it!