< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 88 Tactical Civilian First Responder Level 1 Aug 6th Omaha  (Read 2171 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
88 Tactical Civilian First Responder Level 1 Aug 6th Omaha
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »
88 Tactical Civilian First Responder Level 1 Aug 6th or Sept 3rd 6PM-9PM Omaha. 

https://88tactical.com/categories/21-primal-performance-series/courses/46-civilian-first-responder-level-1-omaha/

This course will be instructed by myself (Shawn Whittington Jr. EMT-P-Tactical) and John Calabro PA-C. Instructor bios can be found here; https://88tactical.com/instructors-2/

Summary

The First Responder Course is a Level 1 class offering classroom study along with adrenaline based training. This level 1 class is open to anyone ages 13-100 interested in learning basic medical skills. Training is 3 hours and will include an overview of basic medical skills involving first aid, environmental hazards and treatment, bandaging and bleeding control. This course is the first class in the “Who will Treat You “, allowing you to have basic knowledge and skills needed to treat yourself

Course Description

The Level 1 First Responder Course will focus on a basic knowledge and treatment of  injuries, medical emergencies, patient assessment and treatment.

First Responder - lecture

How to react in an emergency/ Finding out what is wrong
Splinting and immobilizing sprains, strains and fractures
Treatment of  cuts and lacerations:
Environmental injuries and treatment
Bleeding Control
Course Logistics:

Approximately 1.5 hours classroom instruction and 1.5 hours of Adrenaline based hands on training.

Classroom and Hands On training in Omaha –
88 Tactical Headquarters
3880 S 149th St #108 Omaha, NE 68144

(402) 213-5101

Required Eligibility:

Anyone, ages 13-100, interested in learning Basic First Responder medicine. This course is a

This course is physical in nature. If you have any pre-existing medical or physical conditions that could limit your ability to participate, consult with the Instructors before registering. You will be performing classroom lecture and hands-on training. Safety is our number one concern, so come mentally and physically prepared. Any unsafe gun handling or behavior will result in your immediate dismissal from the course. This course does expose students to visually traumatic images and blood.

Classroom Training Preparation:

Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to class for check-in process
Pens, notebooks and course materials will be provided
Feel free to bring drinks/snacks for classroom training. No food or drinks during hands on training.
Equipment and Supplies needed for course: Note supplies and prepackaged aid bags will be available for purchase.

Hands on Training equipment:

·        Ace wrap x 2

·        Kerlex gauze x2

·        Tourniquet x 1

·        Bandana x 2

·        Gauze pads 4in by 4 in x 5

·        Shirt ok to be torn other than one worn

·        Clothes willing to get fake blood on

Adherence to Rules Required:

NO LIVE FIREARMS
NO AMMUNITION
ALL WEAPONS UNLOADED & STORED IN CASE

Questions/ Concerns: Please contact Jason Wright via email (info@88tactical.com) or by phone, 402.213.5101 for questions on this course or any other course of interest.

"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 88 Tactical Civilian First Responder Level 1 Aug 6th Omaha
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
Is there any ConEd available with this course?  I'm an EMT-B and could use some hours.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
Is there any ConEd available with this course?  I'm an EMT-B and could use some hours.

As of now, no. But that is something we are working on.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
As a former EMT-B myself, I am a firm believer in the fact that everyone should at least take a First Responder course like this.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Jeepguy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:27:09 AM »
Shawn

I am signed up and looking forward to the class tonight. Did enough people sign up to hold tonight's class ?  It seemed like alot of seats were still open on the website.

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
Its a go for tonight. We should have close to a full class, we have a number of people showing up who didnt register online.

- Shawn

www.88tactical.com

Offline Jeepguy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »

Most Excellent

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:05 PM »
Here are a few pics of our "victims" from class this week. Next one will be on the schedule soon, dont miss out.

www.88tactical.com

Offline Jeepguy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
I do not think you will not find a more realistic class than this without joining the military, and this class only requires a 4 hour commitment.

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »
Took this class in Feb. Great class. Plan on taking more. Maybe even take this one again with my gf and her daughter

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
Took this class in Feb. Great class. Plan on taking more. Maybe even take this one again with my gf and her daughter

Glad you enjoyed it. If you want to kick it up a notch I have some TacMed classes coming up.

- Shawn

www.88tactical.com

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 09:12:44 PM »
I plan on taking tac med, next one i'm looking at is for me and my gf to take lvl 2 pistol.  money will get a little tight over the next 6 months but after that I should be able to afford to do stuff more often