< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Omaha concealable weapon definition...  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Omaha concealable weapon definition...
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:55:27 PM »
Are you aware that the definition "concealable" includes any firearm up to 18" barrel length? So an AR15 carbine, and maybe even a pocket knife are considered concealed weapons if improperly transported

Sec. 20-191.  Definitions.
For the purposes of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them:
Concealable firearm:  A firearm having a barrel less than 18 inches in length.

Firearm:  Any instrument which releases a projectile by means of an explosive charge.

Machine gun:  Any firearm which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot automatically more than one shot without manual reloading by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machine gun, and any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

Paint ball gun:  Any gun which releases a paint ball propelled by spring mechanism or compressed gas.

Stun gun:  Any hand-held electronic device that is powered by an internal power source, such as batteries, and that is capable of introducing an electrical current into the body of a person which when introduced shall be capable of disrupting a person's central nervous system and rendering him/her temporarily incapable of normal functioning. The electrical current may be introduced into the human body by means of direct pressure to the body from fixed electrodes on the electronic device and/or one or more electrodes attached to a length of wire and which, upon being fired from a firearm or mechanical device, strikes the human body.

Weapon:  A firearm, stun gun or any other instrument the use of which is intended or likely to cause death or bodily injury.

(Code 1980, ? 20-191; Ord. No. 36361, ? 1, 8-19-03)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:57:02 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Omaha concealable weapon definition...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »
Deeeeefine "likely", Bugahaw......... my concealed handgun is HIGHLY unlikely to ever be used for self defense..... so it is equally unlikely to harm anyone..........
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 06:44:39 AM »
Yeah... If they start to consider my 16" barreled AR-15 a "concealable" weapon I'm gonna have to slap somebody. I'm sorry but it is near impossible to conceal that thing without looking extremely suspicious. Even a bullpup 16" barreled rifle would be pretty difficult to conceal without a very large jacket (and during summer that would obviously look odd)...

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 02:59:31 AM »
So does that mean carrying a concealed stun gun is now under the offense of "carrying a concealed weapon"

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
I thought stun guns were supposed to be non-leathal and did not permanent damage.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:59:04 AM »
http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10639098
carrying a concealed stun gun is now under the offense of "carrying a concealed weapon"

Yep: http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10639098

As far as that length law, I'm going to get a two-inch flash supressor "permanently installed" so I don't have to register my carbine with the OPD.