< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Do Me a Ginormous favor:  (Read 1997 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Do Me a Ginormous favor:
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
Wear your seat belt.  If you won't do it for your own safety, do it as personal favor to me (or any other EMS personell who respond to your 10-45), so that while I am trying to hold your cervical spine in a nuetral, in-line position to keep you from becoming a quadraplegic, the blood from that great big gash on your noggin' where you smacked into the A-pillar of your vehichle whilst bouncing around the interior like a flippin' superball does not run down my arm and onto my shirt.  Its gross and shirts are spendy these days.

Thank You.  (I just had to vent.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:48:17 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Re: Do Me a Ginormous favor:
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:32:33 AM »
I hear you Jim been there done that.
It amazes me the amount of people that will not wear there seat belts. Stupid!
Near as bad as the amount of men who will not wash there hands after emptying there bladders.

I too needed to vent.
That's all for now folk's.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »
So we have at least a couple of EMS personnel around... Sweet. I too am an EMT. and have been on those wrecks.. as well as waiting for the cops to show up to simply "investigate" since someone got thrown from the car.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »
Then there is texting while driving...worst thing ever in my opinion.
I'm so glad someone made this video.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-most-effective-texting-psa-ever
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »
It is the worst thing ever.  Hell, I've seen kids texting while speeding on a crotchrocket down I-80 in Omaha.

I fully support scary PSA's to grab their attention.

-Rod

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:12:24 PM »
Or cleaning your gun while driving I-80.  Sorry....just had to lighten up the moment.  Until NE gets serious about seat belt laws and DUI, the death toll will continue to be unnecessarily out of proportion with most other states in the Union. 

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
My $.02 on this:
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »
THAT did not end well...... Off topic and "rahwt inta da ditch."

"but doesn't matter now as I have no more interest in continuing the discussion."

But the discussion will and must continue.  That is what it is: everyone's opinion being exchanged.  That is what makes the discussion.  If A&H wants to stir the pot and run back to his own blog and ...... well, ..... BLOG about it, so what?   He has every right to his politely expressed opinion here, whether or not he is polite in his own house. 

IMO, differing opinions are good, even if I think they are wrong as hell.   Again, that's just my $.02 .......

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »
I have removed the off topic discussion. This is an important issue. More people will die from auto accidents than  I can fathom. It may be the most dangerous activity we do everyday. 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 10:30:18 PM »
Thanks for taking care of that, Dan.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
Yeah, we had another superball impersonator last night...... and today while I was in Columbus I missed another serious injury call....... and the moon is not even full.......