< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: If You Can't Stand Braggarts, then Please Don't Read This Post  (Read 1961 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
If You Can't Stand Braggarts, then Please Don't Read This Post
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:37:54 PM »
Any how...........I shot my first 75 consecutive clays today from 16 yards.

I've been shooting Wobbles from the 16-yard line and from the 22&23-yard handicap stations.   [If you dunno, the trap machine wobbles all over the place when it shoots Wobbles.   Makes the usually-hard-to-predict clays even harder to predict.  But Wobbles are really good practice for regular trapshooting.]

After shooting the Wobbles, I set the machine up for standard 16-yard trap.   Ran 25 in a row.  Which is kinda hard for new trapshooters, but I've done it 8-10 times so far this year.   It's a nice trapshooting milestone and good check on shooting proficiency.

Kept going.   Ran the next 25.   Total = 50 straight.   The clays were turning into be-yoo-tee-ful little black clouds of dust, sorta like WWII anti-aircraft fire.  Had that feeling of being In the Zone.

What the heck....go for 75 straight.   My Browning BT-99 was doing all the work.  All I did was put it up to my shoulder and pull the trigger.   And sure 'nuff, busted the 3rd set of 25 for a Grand Total of 75 straight.

Wow!   Going for a Hunnert now.   From Station #3.  The Easy Station.  Called "Pull!."   Clay came out straight and true.   Easiest of easy shots.  Raised gun.   And.....shot right over the top of it.  Or my gun did.   Or whatever.  [Doggone reloads!!]

So---At that point, I stopped for the day, reloaded and cleaned up the trap house, and enjoyed the Warm Glow.

Tomorrow night the Thursday Evening League starts.   I'm not gonna tell anybody.   If I did, then later I'd shoot, say....17/25 or so and everybody would be smirking.   Best to say nothing.

But I'll tell You Guys.

sfg
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:46:54 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: If You Can't Stand Braggarts, then Please Don't Read This Post
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:16:36 PM »
Did you get the voices talking in your head?

At 75 the whispers start...
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
It ain't braggin' if it's true.....   :o

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:24:00 AM »
Any how...........I shot my first 75 consecutive clays today from 16 yards.

We are not worthy ;)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:25 AM »
DanW:

Did you get the voices talking in your head?

At 75 the whispers start...

The Voices?   Of course.   With me, They Start While on the Way to the Range.

[BTW:  Thanks for not asking me why I didn't shoot This Way when I was on Your Team at Lincoln - Ikes.]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
DanW:

The Voices?   Of course.   With me, They Start While on the Way to the Range.

[BTW:  Thanks for not asking me why I didn't shoot This Way when I was on Your Team at Lincoln - Ikes.]

sfg
now I was thinking it. Would have come in handy making up for my score.

On another note,   sfg. You know the rules of the web.  PICTURES(or video) OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.  ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 02:05:29 PM »
PICTURES(or video) OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I went by myself.   Made sure there were No Witnesses.

And if the 75 straight weren't true, I'da claimed 150.

BTW--all those videos of Tom Knapp......That was me, shooting off-camera.

sfg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:07:45 PM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »
Congrats!  You'll get the '100' straight soon enough now.   It's a matter of knowing you can.  Now that you know you can string three 25 straights together, what's one more?     ;D