< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Local Honor Guard needing Rifle Cases!  (Read 6148 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Local Honor Guard needing Rifle Cases!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »
I think we will earmark any "surplus" donations for future projects like this. 
I think we will make this a regular thing,  but maybe coincide it closer to Veteran's day or something along those lines. 

I called Larry and he was pretty impressed (but hurried as they were currently at the cemetery awaiting a soldier's Final Ride Home. )
I have made tentative plans for us to meet up with him and his crew after the NFOA DATC on Feb 18, after lunch time to present.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »
We will definitely be building upon this. 
I just got the order placed.
Plans are, for now, to present these to the group after lunch on the 18th of Feb. (after the NFOA day at the Capital)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »
WHOA Almost Forgot!  Cases came in last week. I was still 80% asleep when UPS dropped them off. I finally thought to open just the other day.  These are pretty awesome!
Plans are in place to present these after our stint at the Capital on the 18th.  I would appreciate anyone that wants to be present to do so.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »
i am 99% percent sure i will have a video camera for the day.

i will chip in that day, if i have cash
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »
Where do I send my money to donate?

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:04 AM »
I just got off the phone with Larry from the VFW.
We will be meeting his crew at Antelope Park at the Veteran's Memorial for a presentation (and photo Ops) at 2pm Tuesday Feb 18th
If you are going to the Day at the Capital, please plan on hanging around after lunch to help present these heroes this gesture of our gratitude.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »
Ok, the deal is finally settled. 
(we did the presentation after the Day at the Capital, but alas, they were not running Carbines as i was told, so I got them sent back and traded for the Rifle length Garand cases (Thank you to armynavysales.com for their handling of the situation (straight swap of cases- UPS shipping back was handled by Moonlight Auto Repair- Thanx)
My son and I just got back from delivering the new cases this afternoon. Now all is right with the world.

I want to thank everyone who donated again, and for those that wanted to, I will say I believe this is a cause we can make a regular deal of. 

Larry wanted to be sure I let everyone know how much they appreciate what we did for them.

Offline Gonzo

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »
Thanks for the leg work in handling this.  Glad to participate. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 08:11:09 AM »
P.S.  The shortest fella (Sorry WAY too many names that day for this ol brain) in the first picture sits on the Board that directs the goings ons at the Antelope Park Veterans Memorial Garden (Where we met up for the presentation)  Afterward, he gave nnylrac and I  a personal tour of the Garden.  I can tell ya, if you have never been, you MUST make it a stop when in Lincoln.  (I never knew all that was there.)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »
Great job.

Outreach projects like this are a great way to get the NFOA out there and increase visibility.