< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: So.... Which of our members scored at Cabela's this morning?  (Read 3236 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
So.... Which of our members scored at Cabela's this morning?
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
Winchester M22 1000 rnd packs. 
Not me. :(  I had to stop for petrol at Greenwood which put me a few minutes behind. The 108 tickets handed out stopped about 20 people ahead of me GRRR  :angry: .  (word in the line was folks at the front doors were there at 4:30ish  :o )
But I did stay for the consolation prize;  500 packs of Blazer .22  (They 'unexpectedly' got a whole pallet of that in.  Somewhere around 400 bricks)
So. did I miss any other NFOA members there?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: So.... Which of our members scored at Cabela's this morning?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »
One word.....  PATHETIC .....  it's only .22 LR......  simply PATHETIC   ..... the former USSR would be proud ala bread lines .....

From the "For What its Worth" department Thunder Alley in Lincoln is flush with .22 LR .... but please try to drive under the speed limit people.....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:16:37 PM by bullit »

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »
Maybe so, but I meet all kinds of folks in these lines. (I did Black Friday and a pre Christmas sale also)  I get to talk firearms, firearms rights, legislation, and I Just MIGHT happen to have some NFOA contact cards and/ or NFOA Brochures with me. Why not? I've got some time to kill. 
Maybe my title should have read:  Who else scored some .22 while promoting the NFOA and our cause?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
Oh I'm not picking on anyone per se....just stupid it has come to this...and I slept in til 0900....  :)

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »
Well, in full disclosure, I was already up, just left work a little early, had to go to Omaha to get my kids anyway, so....

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »
Winchester M22 1000 rnd packs. 
Not me. :(  I had to stop for petrol at Greenwood which put me a few minutes behind. The 108 tickets handed out stopped about 20 people ahead of me GRRR  :angry: .  (word in the line was folks at the front doors were there at 4:30ish  :o )
But I did stay for the consolation prize;  500 packs of Blazer .22  (They 'unexpectedly' got a whole pallet of that in.  Somewhere around 400 bricks)
So. did I miss any other NFOA members there?
So what time did you get in line Jeremy? I thought about going, but 25 mile drive to stand in line didn't seem too appealing. Did go to the Husker Baseball game today though. Beautiful day for a ballgame.
Thanks for always promoting NFOA.
Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
Maybe my title should have read:  Who else scored some .22 while promoting the NFOA and our cause?

Nice! I didn't score any 22 today, but I did volunteer to help senator Kintner on the campaign trail...

Lots of petting dogs & kissing babies going door to door in district 2...
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
Greg, about 7.
Jfade. Good work. We NEED more folks to find a good candidate and volunteer some time!

Offline H2O_King89

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »
I made it there about 7 from lincoln, I didn't think there was going to be much of a line... I was wrong. lucky to grab two 500 blazer

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »
Well, some is already showing up on Armslist at inflated prices.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 09:50:04 PM »
Well, some is already showing up on Armslist at inflated prices.
Figured it wouldn't take long.
The FB pages are saying some of the guys up front were taking them to the Hastings show and gong out to eat good afterward.  If true- What a shame.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »
I see one box listed today on armslist for $75.  Ridiculous, but it will keep happening until people stop paying inflated prices.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »
I see one box listed today on armslist for $75.  Ridiculous, but it will keep happening until people stop paying inflated prices.

I always flag those as 'overpriced' on armslist....if enough of us keep flagging them, they will probably just repost it but at least we can be a pain in their price gouging Ass...
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »
Take to sell at Hastings Gun Show???  Not a lot of economics 101 in that effort....drive to Cabelas, spend 1-2 hours in line, buy ammo for $45 , then drive 2 hours to Hastings, sell ammo , then drive home....mind all at $3.39 per gallon of gas.... 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 09:59:57 AM »
Take to sell at Hastings Gun Show???  Not a lot of economics 101 in that effort....drive to Cabelas, spend 1-2 hours in line, buy ammo for $45 , then drive 2 hours to Hastings, sell ammo , then drive home....mind all at $3.39 per gallon of gas.... 
If you brought at least 4 guys along-  $45 x 5= 180.  Then sell it back out at a minimum of $125 per =  $625
According to mapquest, if using your buddy's wife's modestly fuel efficient import car. The fuel on this trip would be less than $40.  So your in it for $180 + $37= $217  that's a net of  $408.  Split five ways=  $81.60- (tax free ish?).  $16.32 an hour. Not bad.

But.... If we use the common core math...... it comes out to somewhere around $20 ish and hour and in order to close the income gap, they need a raise, and since they are paying no taxes and have no healthcare plan..........

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
Well, I arrived between 7 and 730.  Saw the Black Friday line. :angry:  Have enough 22 for awhile.  ;) Went home and made a batch of cinnamon raisin bread.  :P

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »
 there is some for sale on Nebraska gun exchange, at $50 a brick,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »
NEBULL...don't forget the hour it took to figure your calculations and add another hour to drop your friends off (did I mention paying for that Steak dinner?)  ;P

Offline 3rdGENump

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 08:52:13 AM »
I had to run to Kearney Saturday morning to pick up some other supplies, drove through the parking lot at about 7:30, there were probably 150-200 people in line.  CRAZY!  It looked like black Friday. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
Guys, It was NOTHING like black Friday. Black Friday, I got there over an hour before opening and was standing at THE BACK DOOR!  Yeah, I know- Nutsos. But at least I wasn't at Walmart elbowing people for a bleepin TV!

NEBULL...don't forget the hour it took to figure your calculations and add another hour to drop your friends off (did I mention paying for that Steak dinner?)  ;P
Buddies all met at one place.  The "Free" steak dinner was the whole plan from the beginning.  As for the configuring- One of the fella's kids did the figurin'   :laugh:

Well, I arrived between 7 and 730.  Saw the Black Friday line. :angry:  Have enough 22 for awhile.  ;) Went home and made a batch of cinnamon raisin bread.  :P
What?  :o And you didn't think of coming back to bring me some.  >:D If I had feelings, they'd be hurt.  :'(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:37:51 AM by NE Bull »