< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Night Sights, install in omaha?  (Read 820 times)

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Night Sights, install in omaha?
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »
Anyone have any idea where i can have night sights installed?  Prefer to just buy them and have them installed by te same person if that would be an option.

I have an M&P shield i want done , and potentially a M&P  Pro also.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Night Sights, install in omaha?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
Where ever you go DO NOT go to Carl Jarl.  Bullet Hole was backlogged years ago so had Carl Jarl install the sights on a S&W M&P.  Tim was at the Big Buck Classic so the assistant smith installed them.  The dumb SOB put the whole gun frame in all in the vice and pounded them out and used a steel punch to install the new ones.  When I got it back if you pull the trigger the whole slide would move.  They got the new parts to fix it and lo and behold the master gunsmith one Tim Casteel couldn't put the damn thing back together right.  Did the same thing.  WTF it's a M&P and you can't fix the problem...really!?  Sent it back to Smith and Wesson to be fixed right. 

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 06:15:33 PM »
Where ever you go DO NOT go to Carl Jarl.  Bullet Hole was backlogged years ago so had Carl Jarl install the sights on a S&W M&P.  Tim was at the Big Buck Classic so the assistant smith installed them.  The dumb SOB put the whole gun frame in all in the vice and pounded them out and used a steel punch to install the new ones.  When I got it back if you pull the trigger the whole slide would move.  They got the new parts to fix it and lo and behold the master gunsmith one Tim Casteel couldn't put the damn thing back together right.  Did the same thing.  WTF it's a M&P and you can't fix the problem...really!?  Sent it back to Smith and Wesson to be fixed right. 

I asked them at the bullet hole if they do it, said since it was s&w its to difficult, and wouldnt do it.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »
Yeah this was back when they had a gunsmith doing work for them.  There's a gunsmith in downtown Ralston and one on Main St. in Papillion who should be able to do it for you.  No idea what their backlog is. 

From what I gathered watching YouTube video's there is a little more fitting involved than a Glock sight job.  With the tools I have now I feel confident with them and YouTube I could do a better job than the rubes at Carl Jarl could ever do though.  Would just take a little more time. 

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »
I have a sight pusher if you wanted to DIY. I did my M&Ps with no problem.