< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: A solution to the open-carry protest problem  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
A solution to the open-carry protest problem
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »
From my friend Jeff Knox

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/a-solution-to-the-open-carry-protest-problem/

What’s worse, they are basing their critiques and corrections exclusively on photographs and short video clips that only capture momentary glimpses of what’s really going on, and which are often put out by anti-gun activists looking not only for carry prohibitions, but to ban the guns themselves.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: A solution to the open-carry protest problem
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »
Two things strike me as odd.  One, that open carry is banned in the Alamo state, and two, that anyone would want to make a political statement with an AK over their shoulder.

If I order salt on french fries and the fries are so covered in salt, that is all you can see on the plate, the waitress went a bit overboard with the salt. 

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
I would explain it to you again but I don't think you are reading my posts either.
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »
Can we call it French Fry Fridays at Gary's?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »
Gary, one simple question; Does a Texican that chooses not to get a Texas concealed carry license have the Right to keep and bear arms?
La Luz, NM

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:14:32 PM »
I would explain it to you again but I don't think you are reading my posts either.

Heh.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 11:35:11 PM »
Gary, one simple question; Does a Texican that chooses not to get a Texas concealed carry license have the Right to keep and bear arms?

In my humble opinion, a couple states get it pretty close to correct.  Vermont being one of them.

I hope that more than answers your question.

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=308

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/vermont.pdf

Taking it a step further, is there things one can lawfully do in Vermont (or Texas or Nebraska) with a rifle that are less that prudent?

This is a photo taken in an Apple store, in Switzerland.   Would this be a prudent action, in an Apple store in hometown USA?    That is the issue, and an issue that divides the gun community.

Is this what we want to see in the USA in box stores?

The two folks pictured with long guns in this post, which is in a community with few to no doped up, medicated people wandering the streets that should be in institutions?

Which person is required to possess a rifle, and is trained by their well trained government sponsored citizen militia, to protect their home and country?

The two photos look much the same, except they are worlds apart, on several levels.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:01:08 AM by Gary »

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 02:57:13 AM »
Argh!!! Gary, please learn spelling, grammar and sentence structure!
This is our language. Let's act like we know it.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 03:37:26 AM »
Argh!!! Gary, please learn spelling, grammar and sentence structure!
This is our language. Let's act like we know it.

PM sent

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:02:27 AM by Gary »

Offline justsomeguy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 04:29:27 AM »
PM sent

Huh.. Weird. I tried to PM the guy but he blocked me.
Guess I'll make it public.

Gary, My post was not meant to be hurtfull, just pointed and direct. We are on the same side. The world judges us based on first impressions. We need to try to not be stupid, hatefull, judgemental or whatever. Anything we write here can be used to their ends at their discression. At my core I'm a simple guy who likes simple things, but to the world, I don't wan't to appear an idiot.

I guess I'm saying (In the nicest, sweetest way) If you can't help us, please don't hurt us.
XXX my name
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline justsomeguy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 04:36:08 AM »
Is this what we want to see in the USA in box stores?

Hell yes! More of it!

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 07:50:29 AM »
While I don`t open carry myself unless in the country, I have no qualms with those that choose to. I hope our fellow second amendment patriots in Texas accomplish their goals. I would also recommend anyone expressing that right dress professionally. Bdu`s and tacticool gear have their places...but common sense and etiquette should be exercised. Just like when I wore the uniform, one must always remember we are all ambassadors.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
I hope that more than answers your question.

Gary, seriously?

I asked you one simple question the answer to which would be a simple YES or NO.

Not only did you not answer the question, you went out of your way to dodge it, duck it and hide behind some picture taken in a foreign country.

It is obvious that no one has a Right to keep and bear arms unless they do it according to Gary.

I will explain it to you one more time; Year after year Texicans have tried working with their representatives in the legislature to get open carry passed to know avail. Because the legislature has not been responsive to the WILL OF THE PEOPLE, the people have been forced to bear arms in the ONLY LEGAL MANNER available to them.

I don't care what you think of it Gary, these folks are exercising their First Amendment Rights to secure their Second Amendment Rights. There is no greater duty for an American than to insure that ALL of our freedoms in the Bill of Rights are protected.

Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!

To follow your go along to get along waa waa waa we must all be politically correct, we can't offend anyone or they might get mad at us, we need to hold their hands with a defeatist attitude and sing Kumbya with them.

I am sorry you are having a hard time understanding the personal responsibilities for Liberty and Freedom.

Following your line of thinking we would still be servants to the queen of England, There would still be separate drinking fountains and Rosa Parks would still be riding in the back of the bus.

I can only surmise from your convoluted response that by decree of all hail king Gary our fellow Americans in Texas Do NOT have a Right to keep and bear arms because they can't do it according to your holy proclamation.

La Luz, NM

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:04 AM »
It is obvious that no one has a Right to keep and bear arms unless they do it according to Gary.

As I read through "Gary" posts, I get the same feeling. Gary doesn't get it.

Gary likes to hear Gary speak (post).

Gary is a kind of anti-gun advocate. Any laws, rules, regulations or whatever is anti-gun. Criminal law already exists...no laws need to further dictate how crime is achieved.

Gary doesn't get it. Gary...wake up.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »

I think the answer Gary and everyone else would say should say is YES.

The majority of gun owners do not have a CHP yet have full 2nd amendment rights. A CHP  is not a magical card without a mountain of rules, regulations, places I can't carry and a code of how  I should act.

One member coined the phrase that it's something that scared us, that's bull, rather everyone has a different sense of what's right or wrong and what helps or hurts our cause.

I could say something is a apple and three NFOA members could jump on it and say it's a orange that doesn't make them right.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
A CHP  is not a magical card without a mountain of rules, regulations, places I can't carry and a code of how  I should act.

A CHP is just as it is named...a PERMIT.  It turns a right into a privilege. Suckers persons into thinking they are getting something when in fact they have had much taken away.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
A CHP is just as it is named...a PERMIT.  It turns a right into a privilege. Suckers persons into thinking they are getting something when in fact they have had much taken away.

Hey constitutional carry, sign me up.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
I think the answer Gary and everyone else would say should say is YES.

Gary had his chance to say yes, but he took of to Switzerland instead.
La Luz, NM

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 02:33:53 PM »
Hey constitutional carry, sign me up.

Seems to me that Constitutional "shall not be infringed" already covers that. Apparently the NE Constitution does just that. But somehow a permit and related law was sneaked in.

In my observation, registration is a bad thing...but what happened when I got a purchase permit, got fingerprinted for a CHP, etc. Even though the law says the records will not go outside the NSP except for law enforcement use....the DMV got it and it shows on any traffic screen in a police car. Will a flashing red warning provide a different traffic stop experience? Can law enforcement treat my house differently(no announcement)? Who will they come to first if someone decides guns should be taken away? It seems a number of rights were given up in numberous areas.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »
I think somewhere along the line the government stopped working for the people and we became servants of the government, as time goes the government assumes more power and people willingly give it to them. This sounds like what our forefathers warned us about.

When the word "patriot" puts you on a terror list, something is definitely wrong in Mayberry.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:32:10 PM by farmerbob »