< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Concealed handgun size limits.  (Read 6260 times)

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
Re: Concealed handgun size limits.
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 09:33:36 AM »
The reason I asked originally is that I have an AK pistol that I would like to keep in my trunk or backpack if I chose to. Just wondering if it falls under my CHP. It has a barrel less than 16” and is intended to fired with one hand. I just want to make sure there is not an overall length limit.

What!? You want to continue on the original thread topic!?  /s

I believe you are safe there since it is a designated PISTOL and meets the barrel length requirement.  :)

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »
Since concealed knives has been discussed let me see if I can get a couple of things clarified:

My understanding is that the blade is measured from the tip to the handle, regardless of how long the cutting edge is.  That might make a difference because sometimes there is a half inch or so difference.  If my method of measurement is wrong hopefully someone will point it out.

Based on the definition given in Nebraska law, it looks to me like a pencil or pen could be considered a concealed weapon.  A screwdriver is a common weapon and certainly could be considered one.  But does a pencil or pen have to be used as a weapon to be legally considered one?  If it does, why does not the same thing apply to a knife with a blade longer than 3 1/12 inches? 

If a knife with a blade shorter than 3 1/2" is used as a weapon or to threaten somebody, and was previously carried concealed, does it them become defined as having been a concealed weapon?

If a folding knife with a blade longer than 3 1/2" is carried in a pocket with the clip that is very common these days, does the clip and top of the knife showing make it not a concealed weapon?  If a folding knife is carried in a sheath is it considered a weapon if the sheath is visible but the knife itself is not? 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
If a knife with a blade shorter than 3 1/2" is used as a weapon or to threaten somebody, and was previously carried concealed, does it them become defined as having been a concealed weapon?

Appears that it could be:

28-1201. Terms, defined.
5) Knife means any dagger, dirk, knife, or stiletto with a blade over three and one-half inches in length or any other dangerous instrument capable of inflicting cutting, stabbing, or tearing wounds;

That "any other dangerous instrument" covers covers just about anything, because once it has been used for inflicting wounds, it becomes--ipso facto--a dangerous instrument.

But wait; there's more:

28-1202. Carrying concealed weapon;
penalty; affirmative defense.
(1)(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, any person who carries a weapon or weapons concealed on or about his or her person, such as a handgun, a knife, brass or iron knuckles, or any other deadly weapon, commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon.

Appears that there's a lotta "Gotcha" in the concealed weapon statutes.

Straight razors, nucks, bricks, broken beer bottles, numchucks, razor blades, sharpened toothbrush handles, newly pointed #2 pencil.......it seems the list could go on for pages and pages.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer