< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match Nov 8th  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match Nov 8th
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
We have 21 online registrations thus far. Online registration (see link in opening post) is still available until 5:00pm....31 more minutes!!  Afterwards, registration is on-site at Thunder Alley starting at 8:15am.  We typically will have another 5-7 walk-ins on Saturday morning.

Regarding a couple of questions/comments: 1) the "flat footed reload" will die when the 2015 final version of the rulebook is published and made available online by IDPA HQ some time......in 2015  :laugh:  Actually, from my participation in a group chat phone conference of Safety Officer Instructors, it may not be until February or so, but that was a month or so ago....so, heck, watch it come out on January 2nd...or March 1st...or some other time in 2015  ;D and 2) correct, I have no other idea of any other changes, but you can ask me tomorrow anyway  :laugh:

See y'all tomorrow...and, yes, let's have some fun...especially since Bullit won't be there....he's just so serious!!  :P

For now, I go into the garage and spray paint the targets!...fun  :o
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »
Dear Joyce (Wilson),

I would like to request a rule addition on "respect" of your SO.  Specifically, an FTDR for Lorimor in this case would be appropriate.  Although his action did not occur with me at the match, it is obvious that his posting on a local forum shows his lack of ....well... decency towards those in charge.  Alas, I know this request will fall on deaf ears since Mr. Lorimor owns a few of your husbands products.....and is unwilling to accept reasonable offers to purchase said used products ....

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
That's all I'm after right now.

@mott555...Nice meeting you at the match today.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »
Dear Joyce (Wilson),

I would like to request a rule addition on "respect" of your SO.  Specifically, an FTDR for Lorimor in this case would be appropriate.  Although his action did not occur with me at the match, it is obvious that his posting on a local forum shows his lack of ....well... decency towards those in charge.  Alas, I know this request will fall on deaf ears since Mr. Lorimor owns a few of your husbands products.....and is unwilling to accept reasonable offers to purchase said used products ....

ex·tor·tion
ik?stôrSH(?)n/
noun
noun: extortion; plural noun: extortions
the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
That was----quite a match today.

So, how many people doubled their time through accuracy/procedural penalties? 

(For those who weren't there, EVERY SINGLE TARGET was a partial of some sort.  Six out of nine were hardcover partials, but the other three were no-shoot partials.  Because Aldo is a sadist.  But we knew that---he's a dentist, after all...)

:)

From what I could tell, most people (other than "tactical sequence" debacles) did considerably better on their second stage than their first one.

And I (dang it!) got my first-ever IDPA procedural penalty.  I turned, pulled a shot without having the faintest idea where the sights were so I made a quick makeup shot, then continued to shoot the array in tactical sequence.

Of course that "quick makeup shot" meant a procedural penalty even though I still did tactical sequence on the array after that point.  DANG IT!

And that extra shot wasn't even necessary---at scoring, there were THREE down zero hits on the target, so apparently my "look, no sights!" shot miraculously hit in the right spot.  Too bad I didn't know that.

[sigh]  Drat.  My first procedural penalty.  May it NOT be followed by any more.

Hey Aldo, are the scores up yet?  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »
Scores at posted. Just got the email.
https://www.uberscoremaster.com/osm_match_scores.aspx?matchid=A724A380-00E7-4F6E-8A97-223CAD847922

One of my better finishes, makes up for my crap-tastic shooting at USPSA last Sunday. Congrats to Thomas for his top finish, despite his procedural penalty. Thanks to Ron for a fun, if challenging match. I felt bad about taking off as soon as I finished , but I had to get to work.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 07:16:49 AM »
Dear Joyce (Wilson),

Heheheheh... you have to know the right people.  Heheheheheh   

And FTDR's don't scare me.  I ring up enough procedurals all by my lonesome.  Non-shoots visibly shake when I load and make ready.  An FTDR or two wouldn't even be noticed.  :)

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
That was----quite a match today.

So, how many people doubled their time through accuracy/procedural penalties? 

(For those who weren't there, EVERY SINGLE TARGET was a partial of some sort.  Six out of nine were hardcover partials, but the other three were no-shoot partials.  Because Aldo is a sadist.  But we knew that---he's a dentist, after all...)

:)

From what I could tell, most people (other than "tactical sequence" debacles) did considerably better on their second stage than their first one.

And I (dang it!) got my first-ever IDPA procedural penalty.  I turned, pulled a shot without having the faintest idea where the sights were so I made a quick makeup shot, then continued to shoot the array in tactical sequence.

Of course that "quick makeup shot" meant a procedural penalty even though I still did tactical sequence on the array after that point.  DANG IT!

And that extra shot wasn't even necessary---at scoring, there were THREE down zero hits on the target, so apparently my "look, no sights!" shot miraculously hit in the right spot.  Too bad I didn't know that.

[sigh]  Drat.  My first procedural penalty.  May it NOT be followed by any more.

Hey Aldo, are the scores up yet?  :)

I was beginning to think you weren't human.  :) 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 07:25:03 AM »
A quick survey of Lincoln area stores indicates that there is absolutely no black spray paint to be had.  It's all been sold for some reason. 

I still have some for sale for those of you needing some for legitimate, non-sadistic purposes.   :)

(Actually I like the all the hard cover, tight shot stages even if they make me look silly.  It's good stuff.)