< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match Nov 8th  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match Nov 8th
« on: October 31, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »
NOTE: Start time for the match is 9:00am!!!

There is an IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match (2 stages) scheduled for Saturday, November 8th, 9:00am-11:00am, at Thunder Alley Indoor Shooting Range in Lincoln, NE. Minimum 36 rounds total, best to bring 50 rounds.  8)

Registration is online at http://www.idpamatchsignup.com?matchid=A724A380-00E7-4F6E-8A97-223CAD847922 , but payment for the match is still on-site ($10 for non-members of Thunder Alley; $5 for members).  The online registration helps us to have the registrant's score sheet prepared in advance.  Also, those who register online get to shoot earlier than walk-in registrations.  Also, because of time limitations for the match, there is no guarantee for those who do walk-in registrations to shoot the match; priority is given to those who pre-register online.  ;D

Online registration ends Friday, November 7th, 5:00pm so that the score sheets can be prepared, etc. No exceptions....thank you!!  :blank:

On-site payment is from 8:15am-8:45am. Briefing/walk-through is at 8:45am.

There is a Junior division (12 yo - 17 yo). Contact Aldo for more info.

For more info: info@idpanebraska.com

Aldo
Match Director, IDPA Nebraska
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:00:12 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match Nov 8th
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
So, everyone is going, right?  I mean, I'm driving down from Omaha (well, Louisville) for this, so folks in Lincoln can CERTAINLY show up and shoot, right? 

:)

Besides, we all need to be there so we can complain about the flat-footed reload, and ask Aldo and the rest of the SOs endlessly about when the rule change eliminating the flat-footed reload will come into effect since it has been announced.  (Which of course they can't know, and wouldn't be able to answer.)

We can also ask them what other rules are changing!  (Which there is no way they could know, either, so that should be nicely frustrating for them.  :P  )

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »
You can also help count my penalties! THERE WILL BE A LOT!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »
You can also help count my penalties! THERE WILL BE A LOT!

When scoring Sean, how about we just say "100 seconds" and call it good?  We can do that, right?

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 10:39:21 AM »
When scoring Sean, how about we just say "100 seconds" and call it good?  We can do that, right?

After unloading and showing clear I should jump up and down and yell "I WAS SO FAST, THOUGH!"

But in seriousness, I will try to shoot according to the rules. :P

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
To alleviate your stress level Sean, I will not be attending now (e.g. not SOing) due to a family health matter, so no FTDRs from me (unless Ron runs a Webcam and I can submit live via Skype ..... now that's something to think about ....)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
To alleviate your stress level Sean, I will not be attending now (e.g. not SOing) due to a family health matter, so no FTDRs from me (unless Ron runs a Webcam and I can submit live via Skype ..... now that's something to think about ....)

I was actually lookin' forward to seein' you, man, it's been awhile!

Hope everything's okay with the family. If I can help with anything, let me know.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
I'm driving down from Omaha,  North Omaha, .  Can always use another complaint about flat footed reloading:-)

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
I'm actually going to be in Lincoln tomorrow anyway!

I've never done a match before. Is this something I can just show up at and not be totally lost? Are there any requirements for handgun type/capacity/etc? I have a Ruger LC9 with two 7-round mags, and an 8-shot Taurus Rossi Plinker .22 (revolver).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:46:24 AM by mott555 »

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »

I've never done matches. Is this something I can just show up at and not be totally lost?

Absolutely! IDPA is a good match to start with as the details of how you need to shoot the stage are thoroughly explained to you.

You will want to do a little research (or we can help!) to figure out what division you will shoot in. What gun are you bringing?

Also some required equipment: A case for your handgun (keep it cased at ALL times until the Safety Officer (SO) tells you to unbox it!), an outside the waistband holster for your handgun (a universal one works but one made specifically for your gun will work a lot better) [note: the front strap of your handgun grip must be above your belt when holstered!], and a magazine pouch that can hold two additional magazines (you can use your pockets too but a magazine pouch is much faster and easier).

Hope this helps.

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »
I edited my previous post and you must not have seen it. I'd probably want to compete with the LC9 if reloading time is a factor. I don't have any speedloaders for the .22 revolver.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
I don't believe you can compete with a .22 anyway, so yes, use the LC9. :) Do you have the other equipment you'd need? It's possible they can work out some way for you to shoot without it (that's up to Ron and the other match organizers).

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 01:15:15 PM »
I don't believe you can compete with a .22 anyway, so yes, use the LC9. :) Do you have the other equipment you'd need? It's possible they can work out some way for you to shoot without it (that's up to Ron and the other match organizers).

I think so. I have an OWB holster and a locking case. Only two magazines but Thunder Alley usually has them in stock so I can probably buy/borrow a third. I'll have to check out my holster tonight and make sure it meets the requirements, it was designed for an LC9 and the like, but I'm unsure about the front strap above the belt thing.

No mag pouch, but I can tuck mags into my belt and that ought to work well enough for now.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
I think so. I have an OWB holster and a locking case. Only two magazines but Thunder Alley usually has them in stock so I can probably buy/borrow a third. I'll have to check out my holster tonight and make sure it meets the requirements, it was designed for an LC9 and the like, but I'm unsure about the front strap above the belt thing.

No mag pouch, but I can tuck mags into my belt and that ought to work well enough for now.

You'll very likely be fine. Usually the only holsters that do not meet that requirement are "dropped". IDPA likes to discourage what it considers "gamer" holsters that are dropped and offset. If it simply attaches to your belt or a paddle at a "normal" ride height, you should be fine.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »

I note also that if you want, I've got a Glock 19, a holster (you right-handed?  I've got a left-handed holster also), mag pouches, and extra mags if you want to try it with something not quite as small.  If you've got factory 9mm ammo, you are welcome to borrow the rig for the match.

Nothing wrong with shooting an LC9---but shooting something a bit larger (with actual mag pouches) is simply easier, and for your first match you are welcome to make things simpler for yourself so you can concentrate on safely shooting.  :)  (If you want to borrow it, please reply here or PM me before 6am tomorrow, please.)

(I'd let you borrow my extra G17 rig instead, but I need change out some springs first, and I won't have time to dig out my springs before tomorrow.)

One last thing---bring a coat/jacket/vest or baggy shirt to wear, as concealment is normally required to start. 

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »
Thanks for the offer but I'll pass this time around. Right now I'm most proficient with the LC9. It's certainly no competition shooter but I think switching to something else may be a disadvantage.

I just want to get my feet wet in some of the local shooting sports. Once I know how things work then I can start trying other pistols.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »
Thanks for the offer but I'll pass this time around. Right now I'm most proficient with the LC9. It's certainly no competition shooter but I think switching to something else may be a disadvantage.

I just want to get my feet wet in some of the local shooting sports. Once I know how things work then I can start trying other pistols.

No matter what, you'll have fun.  :)

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »
No matter what, you'll have fun.  :)

That's all I'm after right now.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »

I've never done a match before. Is this something I can just show up at and not be totally lost? Are there any requirements for handgun type/capacity/etc? I have a Ruger LC9 with two 7-round mags, and an 8-shot Taurus Rossi Plinker .22 (revolver).

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  The crowd there is largely comprised of affable dudes, more than willing to help out a new shooter. 

As a new shooter, don't try to keep up with the hot rods.  Shoot at your own pace and if something doesn't feel right, stop.  It will not surprise you I'm sure to learn that safety is heavily emphasized.  No one gets criticized for being safe. 

Good luck and have fun!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »

Oh man!  Now I'll have to find someone else to pick on!! 

Seriously, hope everything is okay!!! 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller