< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: political leadership class?  (Read 871 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
political leadership class?
« on: November 02, 2014, 01:01:28 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of or have any experience with this class that is being offered in Lincoln?

I originally got the email from NAGR & I didn't pay much attention to it. Then I received another forwarded email from the presenter of the class.

It appears that although NAGR is affiliated with this class, they are not the ones presenting it.

I'm not 100% sure that I could even get this date off of work....just thought I'd see if anyone knows anymore or anyone else is interested in attending...

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lincoln-ne-political-leadership-school-registration-13555822831
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
Re: political leadership class?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of or have any experience with this class that is being offered in Lincoln?

I originally got the email from NAGR & I didn't pay much attention to it. Then I received another forwarded email from the presenter of the class.

It appears that although NAGR is affiliated with this class, they are not the ones presenting it.

I'm not 100% sure that I could even get this date off of work....just thought I'd see if anyone knows anymore or anyone else is interested in attending...

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lincoln-ne-political-leadership-school-registration-13555822831

Mike Rothfeld is a direct mail whiz who is well known for his work with SABER Communications, National Right to Work, and Leadership Institute. He was a founder of NAGR.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
I believe it is the same one AAllen went to last year.  I couldn't make it. Says there is much to learn.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »
Ok....Andy did comment on it through our PAF email correspondence when another member asked about it.
I believe he said it was a valuable resource & worth the time, just don't take everything taught as gospel...or something along those lines... I am gonna check my schedule & may give it a shot if I'm free.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »
Ok....Andy did comment on it through our PAF email correspondence when another member asked about it.
I believe he said it was a valuable resource & worth the time, just don't take everything taught as gospel...or something along those lines... I am gonna check my schedule & may give it a shot if I'm free.

Correct, note they teach using one tool and it is a hammer (literally), where the hammer is a good tool to have in your tool box it should not be the only one.  Those little tiny delicate screws that hold your scope in place will thank you.

But learning to use that tool properly will help when it comes time to use the ax and other related tools, and the threat of the hammer can serve well with politicians.  There are some good things taught as well, like how to determine if it is good for an organization to get involved in an issue, and other decision tree tools.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:11:51 PM by AAllen »

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
Let me know if you clear your schedule, I'll if I can make it work this time around.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane