< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: No Indictment for Ferguson LEO Darren Wilson  (Read 6125 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
No Indictment for Ferguson LEO Darren Wilson
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »
So says the news:   http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us/ferguson-darren-wilson-shooting-michael-brown-grand-jury.html?_r=0

Unrest breaking out in Ferguson; crowds gathering in several big cities

Surprised that such info hasn't been posted here on the Forum yet.

sfg
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:40:22 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: No Indictment for Ferguson LEO Darren Wilson
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
 live feed of St Louis police radio traffic

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-louis-county-police-scanner
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »
"No available cars" to stop active looting...

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »
Well, I hope Al Sharpton is happy.  He got the riot he wanted.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:43:41 PM »
Part of the testimony is also available and notice on page 224 that after they struggle for the officer's gun (Sig P229) and he gets it back under control, he pulls the trigger two times and gets two "clicks". Only after a third trigger pull does it go off.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/11/24/darren-wilson-testimony-snippet.pdf?hpt=hp_t1

Interesting.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:32 AM »
I stayed up til a bit after midnight(late for this old guy) to watch the carnage.
Best part was when one of the guys that was live-streaming from his phone, had that very phone stolen sometime around 11pm.... priceless!!

It's ironic that they burned down what are probably the most used and popular businesses in the community.  I didn't hear of any bookstores or work boot stores getting damaged.

If people don't think this is the spark that rekindles a nationwide race war(black on white), I think they are sorely mistaken. This could get really bad.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:12:44 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Interesting that CNN, the gun hating network has what appear to be two military trained guys protecting one of their reporters. 

I noticed the one on the right has the trigger finger and thumb cut off his glove.  And both jackets were pretty well printed up underneath.

66bigblock

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
live feed of St Louis police radio traffic

Kinda electric, the sense that comes through when listening to live police radio.

Last words I heard just now at 8:31am in the morning were, "...flames coming through the roof of the building...

Wonder what the LA and Chicago live police radios sound like.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 08:36:40 AM »
"No available cars" to stop active looting...
Fella at work was listening to scanner traffic all night.  One funny (in a sad sort of way) was a patrol car became inoperable (for some reason or another) and they asked dispatch to send a wrecker.  Dispatch came back with a "Wrecker company declines...." Well, Duh!  Other reports had Firefighters were just letting stuff burn rather than risk getting shot or stoned.
Me, I'm waiting for a number of arrested that weren't even from the area.  Race war escalators.  I work with a very diverse group of people, and the black folk I spoke with last night were disgusted with it all.
It got me wondering one thing.  Just how ready am I?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »
It got me wondering one thing.  Just how ready am I?

"Ready" ... against a mob like that ... includes barricades that require climbing, tanglefoot traps, fatal funnels, a few rolls of concertina wire, full auto and a few thousand rounds of ammo.  It also requires 360° coverage and, preferably, high and sightly overwatch.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
"Ready" ... against a mob like that ... includes barricades that require climbing, tanglefoot traps, fatal funnels, a few rolls of concertina wire, full auto and a few thousand rounds of ammo.  It also requires 360° coverage and, preferably, high and sightly overwatch.

Exactly!  I ain't ready for S#!T
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 10:07:39 AM »
Interesting that CNN, the gun hating network has what appear to be two military trained guys protecting one of their reporters. 

I noticed the one on the right has the trigger finger and thumb cut off his glove.  And both jackets were pretty well printed up underneath.

66bigblock

The dead give away is the dude on the HER right has a beard .... Tactical beard .... :)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 10:23:36 AM »
The dead give away is the dude on the HER right has a beard .... Tactical beard .... :)

They both do, or course...  :D

66bigblock

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 11:06:57 AM »
Officer Wilson is not off the hook yet.  Criminal trials have a higher standard for proof of guilt than civil trials.   Despite the preponderance of physical evidence supporting Wilson's version of the events in Ferguson, which refuted the testimony of many of "eye" witnesses  who then changed their stories when the autopsy was published, the Federal Government has a talent for exploiting the nebulous, or even turning truth on its head.  Just consider how they use special courts with special judges to convict innocent American citizens, after they've muzzled them and their lawyers with "NSA Letters" and confiscated their financial resources (RICCO) so they can't afford to defend themselves.  We can't forget that the FBI sent CRS teams to Sanford, FL to teach protesters how to do it and pay them.

Will Wilson get convicted in a Federal court?  I wouldn't bet against it.  Since August the FBI has had teams of agents going door to door looking for anything to support a civil rights violation charge.

"Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/242

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:11:01 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
To add to GreyGeek's comments  ... in theory Officer Wilson's case could be heard by another grand jury.  There is no "Double Jeopardy" clause disallowing such.  In short, his life is forever changed sad it may seem ....

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 01:47:26 PM »
I can only pray that he gets a chance to make a life somewhere that won't judge him by what happened or not give him a fair shake because of the impact of hiring someone with so much press.  One of the saddest parts of the whole affair might be that he was doing his job and yet will never get to do that job again because he did his job.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »
Kinda electric, the sense that comes through when listening to live police radio.

Last words I heard just now at 8:31am in the morning were, "...flames coming through the roof of the building...

Wonder what the LA and Chicago live police radios sound like.

sfg
Join your local VFD&RS and you can hear such things on a regular basis ..... just sayin' ....... "If not YOU, then WHO?"
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
I can only pray that he gets a chance to make a life somewhere that won't judge him by what happened

He wont.  Holder will guarantee that he is brought up on other charges of some type.

66bigblock

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
I really enjoyed seeing all of the usual suspects on CNN who exploit every tragedy running & coughing from the tear gas canisters!  It made me feel warm & fuzzy inside....

At one point Don Lemon said (loosely quoting), "the crowd is throwing rocks at the officers.....I don't know why they are firing tear gas"    HaHaHa!

Another highlight of the evening was Obama's speech.....he referenced the "handful of violent protesters" multiple times.

He also started off by saying "we are a nation built on the rule of law"....What are you talking about?  Pretry ironic from a guy who picks what laws to follow & habitually violates the constitution which is the supreme law of the land!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 08:00:53 PM »
Nothing quite like the look which comes across their face when they realize for the first time that yes, tear gas really sucks!  :laugh:

The quote of the night for me occurred while FoxNews was filming the looting of the liquor store. As reporter leans over to get a look at 3 bottles of vodka stolen from the storethat were sitting on the sidewalk, 2 masked looters come running up and shout, "Don't touch that, that ain't yours!"....  oh the irony.