< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: awards upset anti gunners  (Read 1753 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
awards upset anti gunners
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »
Watching fox news, the anti gun crowd is pulling there hair out, American Sniper has been nominated for a academy award, Hope he wins just to piss them off
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Re: awards upset anti gunners
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
I know I plan on seeing American Sniper this weekend.  :D

http://www.gunowners.org/news1142015.htm

I plan on boycotting this d-bag's movies, what a hypocrite!!! >:D
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »
I know I plan on seeing American Sniper this weekend.  :D

Going this evening.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:07:38 AM »
Whoever makes these nominations already got the liberal icon Al Sharpton upset, and then this...  Maybe they can discuss this movie too in the "emergency meeting" Al called.  Might be some reeducation in the academy's future.  Or maybe a payoff.

As far as Liam Neeson goes, you'd think these guys would learn not to make comments about things they obviously know nothing about.  But as an actor I guess he's used to repeating lines someone else wrote, so saying what is programmed into drones by the liberal press seems fitting for him.  His current movie looks like another one about a badass guy who kills a bunch of people.  How many of these movies can they make?  I won't be going out of my way to see it.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
Back here in Dog Patch, American Sniper has sold out every showing, long lines, people are saying this is the 2nd. or 3rd. attempt to see it after being turned away, oh yeah Taken 3 is playing here to an audience of crickets, you gotta love it.  :D

Offline penname

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 05:21:56 PM »
I went to see this today with my son at the Aksarben Cinema and there was a huge line. We both really enjoyed the movie and audience reaction was very positive. Clint still can make a great movie.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
They just can't stand it that a film is successful yet doesn't toe the liberal line. 

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
If you want to read an article that will get your blood boiling then follow this link down the rabbit hole to liberal la la land...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/american-sniper-is-almost-too-dumb-to-criticize-20150121?page=3
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 10:34:21 PM »
I have not seen the movie, but I have spoken with people who have, and I have read some reviews.  The problem is that people are always looking for confirmation bias.  They want a movie that reinforces what they believe...the military is great, the military is bad, SEALS are bad-ass, war is horrible, the US kicks ass, Muslims are terrorists/animals, the US shouldn't be fighting a war for someone else, et al.

This movie appears to be about one persons experience in combat.  It just so happens that this soldier's experiences occurred in an area of the world which is volatile and US involvement with it is very controversial.  People on both sides seem to be missing the bottom line.  It is a story, about a man, dealing with life, and all that is thrown at him.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
I saw the American Sniper the other night. It is a well made movie and in fact covers one mans dedication to service for his country, combat experience and effect on his life. In a broader sense it demonstrates what many servicemen have been subject to in war. A good effort was made to immerse the audience in a safe version of combat experience and impact on a soldier's life.
I recommend anyone brave enough view the movie and experience the story. Make your own decisions from that experience without the bias of adgenda driven people.