< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ATF to reclassify armor piercing ammo  (Read 12545 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: ATF to reclassify armor piercing ammo
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2015, 08:03:22 PM »
Has the NFOA submitted any comments?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
Has the NFOA submitted any comments?
Not yet Robert, but I'm working on it.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2015, 07:50:13 AM »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2015, 12:15:16 PM »
I just contacted my Congress Reps through their webpages and through the NRA-ILA site. I urge you all to do the same.

Here is what I wrote. I am not a great writer:
I am sending you this email to ask you fight the ban or reclassification of M855 or SS109 ammunition. This ammunition is used widely in competition and plinking nationwide. This is just a backdoor attempt at gun control that would never pass through Congress. I urge you to put a stop to this and tell the BATFE to stop infringing on our rights!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »
ATF: Agency for the Termination of Freedom

BATFE: Bolsheviks Allied for the Termination of Freedom for Everyone

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms: a chain of quick shops in Texas selling everything a man needs.

Bimbos Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Eats: a super ATF store.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
There's a whitehouse.gov petition everyone needs to sign here:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-batfe-banning-xm855-ammunition

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »
http://www.savem855.com/Default.aspx

Easy way to send a fax to the ATF, Sen. Fischer, and your Congresscritter stating your opposition to the ATF's actions.

Another good article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2015/02/24/why-is-the-atf-moving-to-ban-common-rifle-ammo/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:56:39 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/26/goodlatte-slams-atf-proposal-ban-ar-15-ammo

This is a story from Fox about a patriot in the House who's doing his best to defend his country from this gun control aggression being committed by traitors.  We should make sure our representatives are part of his effort.  I haven't contacted mine yet but I will. 

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »

Yesterday I received an email from Congressman Jeff Fortenberry. He stated that he would be signing the joint letter that members of the House of Representatives will be sending to the ATF objecting to the ban on M855 ammunition.

Has anyone heard back form Senator Fischer? Will she be taking a stand on this issue? It seems to me that pressure from our elected officials will have the most impact on the ATF.
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »
Yesterday I received an email from Congressman Jeff Fortenberry. He stated that he would be signing the joint letter that members of the House of Representatives will be sending to the ATF objecting to the ban on M855 ammunition.

Has anyone heard back form Senator Fischer? Will she be taking a stand on this issue? It seems to me that pressure from our elected officials will have the most impact on the ATF.

Greg, glad you heard back from Fortenberry.  I've written to our congressmen and women a lot, and since the election, haven't heard anything back except the the monthly Deb Fischer newsletter. Guess they only reply during the election years.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »
Greg, glad you heard back from Fortenberry.  I've written to our congressmen and women a lot, and since the election, haven't heard anything back except the the monthly Deb Fischer newsletter. Guess they only reply during the election years.

I usually hear back from Fortenberry within about 2-3 weeks. He must not like you, did you vote for his opponent? :D
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
Did anyone else see the story on 10/11 news about this? Link: http://www.1011now.com/news/headlines/Proposed-Ammunition-Ban-Upsets-Gun-Users-294539741.html

I thought the guy from Liberty Arms did a pretty good job. Though, I think the story could have been more interesting if they had discussed the merit (or lack thereof) of the ATF's decision; instead of its economic impact on gun stores.

Also, the quote from NAGV was hilariously... Something something "hybrid guns" -- whatever that is.

Perhaps it's another thread, but how do we get the NFOA on the news stations' "call for a quote" phone list??

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »
I usually hear back from Fortenberry within about 2-3 weeks. He must not like you, did you vote for his opponent? :D

Dave, for the Fortenberry twice.  The polling station had a VOGO.  Same thing as a BOGO but with Votes.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »
Fortenbery is more of a do-nothing than Lee Terry was.   ::)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
Here's the thing.  The laws are clearly written, and we clearly can argue logically presenting the fact and evidence needed to show our case.  And yet, the ATF still just does what it wants beside logic.  That is where the issue is.

Does anyone know what the motivation behind this is?  Is it Obama directing them?  Or is there someone sitting up there just thinking up crap for some reason?

Im kinda wondering, like he said in that video that is posted, perhaps a lot of surplus ammo is about to be dumped on us and they want to stop it?  Is that it?

I will tell you I see a lot of over reaching things going on that occur for no reason in things that have been around for decades with nothing to prompt changes, here are a few:

-Banning of 2 seater ultra light aircraft
-Legislation against RC airplanes (AKA drones)
-41P
-Now this M855 crap

I do wonder if it is Obama directing this crap or if it is just the mindset his administration is setting for all branches of the government.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
Fortenbery is more of a do-nothing than Lee Terry was.   ::)

AMEN BROTHER. ...'Tis why I am leary of Sasse ....

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
Just an FYI, SG Ammo just sold out over ONE HUNDRED 1000rd. cases of Wolf .223 fmj in 23 minutes this afternoon.  In fact, they are sold out on all .223/5.56 that is under $14.95/20rds.   :o

This run on .223/5.56 ammo may be worse than .22lr.   :(

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
According to GunBot.net there is plenty of .223/5.56 and 7.62x39.  Fairly cheap too.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »
Gunbot is fubar on .223/5.56.  When you click on 90% of the links under 50cpr that it shows are in-stock, they're not.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2015, 06:59:18 PM »
Most of the .223/5.56 at Cabela's says not available on line. Wal Mart was cleaned out in a day. I felt like the panic was just subsiding. Only good thing is I really don't need any .223.