< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin's mother to speak at UNL  (Read 711 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Trayvon Martin's mother to speak at UNL
« on: February 18, 2015, 09:36:07 AM »
FREE EVENT: Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, will speak at UNL on personal responsibility and social change in the Union at 5 p.m. tonight.

More info here:  http://www.unl.edu/oasis/personal-responsibility-social-change-evening-sybrina-fulton
I wonder if Mr. Chambers will attend.....
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Re: Trayvon Martin's mother to speak at UNL
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »
I wonder if Mr. Chambers will attend.....
He's probably funding it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:35 PM »
Obviously there are a lot of different perspectives on that event (including Ayoob's here... http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob143.html) but in terms of public events this is probably one of those matters where, if one has a differing opinion, silence may be the best public affairs strategy.  There's no "effective" way to challenge the perception of a lady who lost her son.  Should a debate regrettably arise, there can never be a "winning" side. 

If Ayoob's perspective is correct (and, indeed, the collective perspective of the jury) then the only conclusion can be that the young man was very poorly raised, to his misfortune and eventual demise.  And there's no polite way to say that to a mother whose son passed.  But we must be polite and not lower ourselves the level of leftists who aimlessly "occupied" the Centennial Mall in Lincoln, or who are mean-spiritedly are protesting outside of Scott Walker's parent's house.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »
 KFAB said she was at UNO last nite, 
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »
^ Agreed.  That's why I posted it here for us to discuss- within our own little world.  (I still believe the verdict was correct- at that exact moment, it was self defense- BUT.... recent actions of Mr. Zimmerman make me question his wholesomeness)
My first thought when I read the article was By God someone should be there to stand up for the right to self defense!  But then as mine own words set in, I realized, as FCK elated to, it would really do no one any good.  Thus, I will just mourn the boy's passing, feel regret for the actions Mr. Zimmerman was forced to take, and pray that someday the race baiting and class warfare will subside so that we, as a nation, can truly become, as Dr. King dreamed; One nation One people. No hyphens No color Simple Proud Americans.   
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane