< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match: Classifier & 3 Stages, April 11  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match: Classifier & 3 Stages, April 11
« on: February 21, 2015, 02:06:20 PM »
NEW IDPA RULEBOOK APPLIES!!!  :o  (Read them at the IDPA website: http://members.idpa.com/Rules/Home).

IDPA Nebraska is hosting an OUTDOOR MATCH (Classifier & 3 other stages)!!  8)

Where: Columbus Rifle Club, Columbus, Nebraska, 68602

When: Saturday, April 11, 2015; 9:00am-5:00pm

Classifier Stage (90 rounds; must have current IDPA membership card) plus 3 additional Stages (minimum 18 rounds/stage)....ALL IN SEPARATE BAYS!!  ;D

Registration/Information Desk opens at 7:45am for payment, walk-in registrations, and preparing squads. Briefing at 8:45am. Match begins at 9:00am.

Walk through of stages will be at each respective stage per each squad and SO/MD. Lunch (not provided) break will be ~Noonish or so, and then match resumes.

$35 entry fee. Payment is made on-site (cash or check only; no card processing on-site).

Online registration link will allow for score sheets being prepared in advance: http://www.idpamatchsignup.com/?matchid=F8EA9C15-35AD-4434-BC08-7C16B1A8AC76
  ONLINE REGISTRATION ENDS 5:00PM, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8 (No Exceptions). Walk-in registrations start at 7:45am on day of match.

Questions (not addressed by the NEW IDPA RULEBOOK): info@idpanebraska.com

Kudos to Lorimor for making the deal with the club to allow IDPA Nebraska an opportunity to hold this outdoor event.  :)

IDPA Nebraska
www.idpanebraska.com
www.facebook.com/idpanebraska (please check it out and LIKE the page)  :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:06:09 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Re: IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match: Classifier & 3 Stages, April 11
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
Driving directions: use the link below (from the Club's website) to determine your travel time, etc.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=41.493658~-97.422463&lvl=15&dir=0&sty=r&where1=Lakeview%20Rd%20%26%20street%2C%20Platte%20Center%2C%20NE%2C%2068653&nwyw=1&form=LMLTEW&rtp=~pos.41.49365817003731_-97.4224629253149_Platte%20Co.

GPS coordinates provided by Lorimor: 41 29 46 N. 97 25 35 W.

IDPA Nebraska will have a sign at the entry road for the Columbus Rifle Club.

Maybe if we pay him enough, Lorimor will wear one of those inflatable suits and jump around at the entry road.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:50:15 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »
We aren't too hard to find.  North of Columbus on Hwy 81 about 5 miles.  (Just before the Loup Canal bridge.) Go east on Lakeview Road (blacktop road) about 3 miles or so.  The club is on the south side of the road, just after you cross the Loup canal bridge.   

Obviously there are other ways to the range but this is about the easiest if you don't know the area.   For instance, you can go north on 38th at the light on the north edge of town (Cubby's truck stop on the corner, last stoplight in town) and go north on that black top road until you hit the Lakeview road (about 5 miles or so)  Go west there.  And yes, that left turn is just after the Loup Canal as well. :)

And behind our 200 yard berm is... you guessed it... the Loup Canal.  It's everywhere. 

Email me at: tim1187@lycos.com with any questions. 

We are having USPSA type shoot on 3/21 as well. 

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 05:29:18 AM »
2 matches in April :o.  Nothing in March?   ??? 

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 08:29:42 AM »
Wow, I was really looking forward to this but that day is my sister's wedding!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »

Is her date set in stone?  She can't be a little flexible?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:29 AM »
Yes it's set in stone by now.

I suppose I could try asking her to move the wedding to the range in Columbus?  :laugh:

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »

They'll surely film it ....

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
They'll surely film it ....

I know right?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
We get to play in Lorimor's sand box. :laugh:

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:07:59 AM »
We get to play in Lorimor's sand box. :laugh:

Yep, but be careful.  The Loup Canal is infested with giant man-eating flathead catfish.  We toss misbehaving shooters in with them.  Do NOT collect an FTDR at this shoot! 

:)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
CRC range address:
23584 265th Street

Street and Avenue numbering system changes at our location so that adds difficulty.

CRC intersection:
From south or east
83rd Street to 235th Avenue,

CRC intersection:
From north or west
265th Street to 235th Avenue

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 08:16:07 AM »
So that there is no confusion, an IDPA membership is NOT needed to participate and shoot in the upcoming April 11 match at Columbus.

If an IDPA member wishes to establish their initial Classification (i.e., IDPA member who has never shot a Classifier but needs to) or to attempt to raise their current Classification or to just shoot a Classifier because he/she is required to shoot a Classifier at least once every year per the IDPA rules, then the shooter must have their current IDPA member card with them; the Match Director will identify the Classifier date and result on the card and upload the data to the IDPA website.

If someone who is NOT an IDPA member wishes to shoot the Classifier portion of the day's match to get a feel for it, they are welcome to do so.  All that we will do is facilitate the order of shooting at the Classifier stage so that IDPA members will have priority over those who are not an IDPA member.

Anyone can shoot the other 3 stages, whether they are an IDPA member or not.

Hopefully this clarifies any question about whether one must be an IDPA member in order to even register and shoot the match.
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »
If an IDPA member wishes to establish their initial Classification (i.e., IDPA member who has never shot a Classifier but needs to) or to attempt to raise their current Classification or to just shoot a Classifier because he/she is required to shoot a Classifier at least once every year per the IDPA rules, then the shooter must have their current IDPA member card with them; the Match Director will identify the Classifier date and result on the card and upload the data to the IDPA website.

Couple questions about the bolded part then, since I'm missing this match. Will there be another classifier match sometime this year? And what happens if you don't make it to one as an IDPA member?

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
Friendly reminder: there's still time to online register for the upcoming outdoor match!! At least 3 stages (each in its own separate 3-walled bay) and a Classifier stage.  8)
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 08:48:59 AM »
Since the CRC range is just a stone's throw away from the historic Loup Canal, shooters attending this match can amble over to the levee just to the west of the range and enjoy the majesty of the canal.  It's particularly beautiful this time of year.  The broken concrete on the shoreline fairly shimmers in the morning light.  And the dandelions are just beginning to sprout!  And if you're lucky, you'll get to see Earl and Cletus float by in their F150 after they failed, once again, to negotiate Dead Man's curve somewhere near the Oconee Siphon. 

Yep, such sights are worth the drive alone.  :)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:52:50 AM by Lorimor »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 11:11:09 AM »
Since the CRC range is just a stone's throw away from the historic Loup Canal, shooters attending this match can amble over to the levee just to the west of the range and enjoy the majesty of the canal. 
[snip]
...and if you're lucky, you'll get to see Earl and Cletus float by in their F150 after they failed, once again, to negotiate Dead Man's curve somewhere near the Oconee Siphon. 

As wonderful as that seems, my biggest question is:  What are we doing for lunch?

(It says there is a lunch break---we need to bring lunch, or will there be time to run into town for food?  Food is important!)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
As wonderful as that seems, my biggest question is:  What are we doing for lunch?

(It says there is a lunch break---we need to bring lunch, or will there be time to run into town for food?  Food is important!)

I'm not sure how long the lunch break will be.  That's the great and all powerful MD's call. 

It's not far to town.  (How's that for a rural Nebraska colloquialism?)  I plan on bringing my lunch.  It's not far to my place from the range, but I don't want to miss any of the friendly shooter ribbin' that will undoubtedly occur during the break. 

Plus, my gamer gear isn't what I consider practical everyday carry gear, so I won't head into town.  All kinds of Kydex in very untactical colors.   I don't want to take the time to rebuild the rig. 

There, I said it.  I admit it.  I'm a gamer.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:22:41 PM by Lorimor »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 12:25:17 PM »
I'm not sure how long the lunch break will be.  That's the great and all powerful MD's call. 

Mostly asking because the local matches I'm used to, people just eat lunch when they can, and we don't have a scheduled break.

In major matches, there IS a scheduled break, but it is a lot longer. 

So, just curious what was going on.  Oh Aldo, what's happening....  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
Mostly asking because the local matches I'm used to, people just eat lunch when they can, and we don't have a scheduled break.

In major matches, there IS a scheduled break, but it is a lot longer. 

So, just curious what was going on.  Oh Aldo, what's happening....  :)

I think this is a major local match.  :)