< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln City Primaries -excuses  (Read 2465 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Lincoln City Primaries -excuses
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:10:11 PM »
Worked all night, sick kid at home from school, not feeling well myself. Still stopped by and performed my civic duty on way to get meds- 3 minutes in and out.  8)
 What's YOUR excuse?

What's YOUR excuse?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Re: Lincoln City Primaries -excuses
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »
I don't live in Lincoln.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:35:46 PM »
I voted on the way home. I was #75 at the highland golf course
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:42:00 PM by tstuart34 »

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 06:43:31 PM »
I don't live in Lincoln.
well... what kind of excuse is that? 

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »
I voted on the way home. I was #75 at the highland golf course

#51 at Oak Lake Church around 3pm ish

I'll be interested to see what kind of numbers they end up with.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 07:15:12 PM »
My wife and I absentee voted. I saw a cool pic on NFOAs twitter
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
Done.  This morning. I was about the fifteenth person for the day.

My youngest son asked me what a primary was so I explained it. He said "so it's sort of like the NCAA bracket?"   Well, yes, but in the case of the Lincoln mayoral election it's like an NCAA bracket with only two teams.  And they will play each other today, and it wont mean much. And then they will play each other again in a month.    ::)

What's really slimy is they put the quarter percent sales tax hike on the primary election, when turnout is like 20% or less. Not sure why that couldn't have waited till the general election in May.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »
Sounds like some small numbers.  Either that or there are thousands of polling places

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »
well... what kind of excuse is that? 

A lame one? 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »

What's really slimy is they put the quarter percent sales tax hike on the primary election, when turnout is like 20% or less. Not sure why that couldn't have waited till the general election in May.
yes. I wondered the same.
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 12:14:19 AM »
Looked like a very promising primary for Stebbing!  I could have swore the news had him around 10,000 & the incumbent around 12,000 votes?  That is closer than I was expecting....maybe Lincoln is ready for a new leader!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »
I am not resident of Lincoln, but do have a business here.  It is sad how destructive the mindset of the residents is here.  To be clear, I mean the ones who vote FOR (and unfortunately elect) a dysfunctional city government.  The ones who vote FOR a "bankrupt from the start" arena project and NOW another tax. 
I read an article recently by the founder of BIZCO.  They recently relocated their HQ to Florida because of the rotten state income tax.  His example of a high income $300K paying $21K in state income taxes figured out to almost $500K for the "privilege" of living in this rotten tax environment.  Granted most of us don't make that type of income, but go figure out your own screwing by the state and local taxes .... The Good Wife and I decided long ago we are out of here for our retirement years.   (Rant over)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:17 AM »
The high taxes would have driven me out of the state if I didn't have obligations tying me here; when those have been completed I'll be gone like the last bit of snow in the spring.

Anyone who has or might have an excuse for not voting should make it a point to get on the absentee voter list so voting can be done from home at your convenience.  We should make that known to anyone likely to vote as a patriot. 

Lincoln has had a liberal bigot in the mayor's office as long as I've lived here.  No surprise I guess since the state government and university are both here.  But considering the low turnout for these elections a big enough turnout by patriots could carry an election.  So I guess we have our work cut out for us if we want a loyal American elected mayor.

It's beyond my understanding why people who are already overtaxed would vote for more tax.  Maybe they forget that these things are always increased in baby steps.  Or maybe they're just been programmed to love the feel of their masters' leash. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 10:11:30 AM »
#51 at Oak Lake Church around 3pm ish

I'll be interested to see what kind of numbers they end up with.

24 %  of registered voted. Sad
D.R

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »
Well, we almost had as good of a voter turnout as ferguson:  29%

Im betting that more than 29% of residents turned out to protest...

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »
I was shocked the sales tax increase passed.

And then I remembered "It's Lincoln". 

Who does the sales tax help the most?  Government.  Where is the most government in the State?

Couldn't believe more people did not turn out if for no other reason than to vote it down. Really, Who the Heck votes FOR a tax increase?

Apathy and ignorance is what has gotten the progressives into power and if we aren't careful we will end up like a blue state.

God help us all.

But I doubt I will ever leave this state.  I love her dearly. 
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Hskr4lf

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »
It's almost like whenever any measure involving education is on a ballot.  Everyone can get hooked to vote for it with the "it's for the kids" line, even though throwing more and more money at the education system is not fixing any problems.  In this case I saw several candidates who said that while they don't agree with having to raise taxes to pay for something that was foreseeable and should've been planned for, public safety is number one, so they supported it in the end.  We'll never see any change for the better if the debt addicts never hit their "rock-bottom".  Besides, I think the emergency services provided by the city of Lincoln have been just fine.  They should work for another year or so, at least long enough to set aside enough money that they already get from us to pay for the upgrade instead of taking more taxes from us.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans 12:12

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:15 PM »
When I first herd about the sales tax increase I couldn't believe this city was so poorly ran (yes I knew it was bad and no I haven't payed much attention). I'm a saver... I put a little away and wait to get what I need. The city knew that this was something that has a experation date. They need to start a account and put money away over the life of the unit. When its time to buy a New unit bam we have all or most of the money.

Does the city ever get paid for EMS calls?

Oh well I'm not a baker or politician.