< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: .22 TCM  (Read 973 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
.22 TCM
« on: July 14, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »
Has anyone played with one of these from Rock Island?  They have pistols, that have interchangeable 9mm barrels, and rifles that accept the pistol (17 round) mags as well as their 5 round mags.  Thinking about getting them as a new toy but really would like to here from someone I know (even if it is just virtually) and have some trust in before getting something that different.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: .22 TCM
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 03:44:06 AM »
I follow the Rock Island page and of course they rave about them.
Was talking with a fella in Boops in GI Saturday and they had sold some pistols and rifles. Said the prairie doggers love the rifle. Fast and flat.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
I bought the pistol when they first came out a number of years ago. I haven't yet used the 9mm barrel, and I've probably only put about 400 rounds through it. I haven't experienced any problems with mine as far as function. I did find the grips to be horribly cheap looking/feeling though. I replaced them with a set of Hogue's meant for a P14. They weren't an exact fit, but they work.

I'd call the pistol a range toy. Fun, but it doesn't do anything another caliber couldn't do with less flash and bang. The 9mm barrel makes for a nice package, and certainly adds practicality (assuming it works -- as I said, I've never tried mine).

Took it out shooting with a friend. He was almost afraid to shoot it after having shot my 357 airweight and seeing the flash and bang the 22TCM pistol produces. He thought he was going to be in for another beating from serious recoil. Surprised him with just how little recoil it actually has. The bark is definitely worse than the bite from the shooters perspective.

I don't have any intention of getting rid of mine, even though as of late, when I'm grabbing a pistol for plinking the 22TCM usually gets left behind, unless I'm going with someone who hasn't shot it before.

Ammo Supply Warehouse is pretty much the place to go for components, if you reload. If not, I think armscor will still reload your used brass pretty cheaply.

I just got the rifle a little while back. I've only gotten as far as taking it out of the box to look at it. Didn't even clean it or mount an optic yet. Put it back in the box and there it sits. I really need to get off my butt and go shooting more.
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 07:13:07 PM »
American Handgunner, The Box of Truth, and The Truth About Guns have articles about it. In my opinion, its best feature is easy conversion to 9 mm. That way, you can play with TCM for fun but have a useful gun the rest of the time.