< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: BIG BUCK CLASSIC !!! This could be big for us!!  (Read 5927 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
BIG BUCK CLASSIC !!! This could be big for us!!
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
                                                            The
                          Nebraska Big Buck Classic

http://www.nebraskabigbuckclassic.com/      

The NFOA will be participating in the 2010 Nebraska Big Buck Classic in Omaha on Jan. 29th, 30th and 31st.
 This is a great opportunity for us to increase our membership along with getting more hunters involved and active in the defense of the Second Amendment. Last year the Big Buck Classic brought 6,000 people through the door. This year they are hoping for up to 10,000.
 To make this event be all it can be we need dedicated volunteers who are willing to really get  after it. We will be in need of at least 4 per day.
 I wish to thank Jason Schendt from Big Bucks for the support he is giving us. We are getting a good deal from them.

Please contact me either via the forum or by phone for volunteer information.

Let's make this event our biggest ever.
Thanks
Rich

402-216-3032
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:43:01 PM by FarmerRick »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: BIG BUCK CLASSIC !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »
Hey Rich, if you need to get a hold of me- 402.469.6498  Count me in to help!  I urge other members to step-up and advance our cause towards gun ownership and freedom!

Thanks Rich!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »
Thanks Glock, I'll be getting with you soon.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »
I am available and can work when needed.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:39:23 PM »
Thanks Randy. I'll put ya on the list.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
Thanks for getting this organized Rich, count me in. I can vouch for a few people who are go getters, Glock 1 is one of them.

More than 4 per day would be great, I think up to 6 or 7 volunteers working the table, selling raffle tickets, signing up members and discussing the ways anti-gun groups are going after lead ammo and closing public hunting areas, along with stopping support for CRP acres, would be great things to have members doing. Hunters need to realize gun grabbers won't stop with semi autos and handguns, they want hunting rifles (calling them sniper rifles), muzzle loaders (using the explosive materials argument) and every other form or means of self defense (including knives) banned. 
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
I'm in for one of the days...

Anyone else??

We're going to need at least 12-15 total volunteers for this guys.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
I am in like Flynn. Just don't know if it will be sat or sun
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
eagle1,
As soon as I get some more info I'll get with ya. I think your already on my list.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
Sign me up! I cant go Friday but I can work Saturday or Sunday, whichever you guys need me for!

N0ZXR

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
My work schedule can change at the last minute but I should be able to help on either Saturday or Sunday. Send me the info and i will get back to you.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Are you still needing volunteers?  I was planning on taking the kids after school on Friday, anyway. I'll have to check with them, but I don't think they'd mind   ;) If help is still needed contact me at loveroffords2@yahoo.com  Thanks
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
I just looked at the gun shows schedule and there is a lincoln gun show on the same weekend!! Is NFOA going to have anyone there too?
N0ZXR

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
I just looked at the gun shows schedule and there is a lincoln gun show on the same weekend!! Is NFOA going to have anyone there too?

We will if we have volunteers to do it. Are you offering?

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
OK, I am volunteered for this on Sunday so I could work the lincoln show Saturday.  Makes for a loooong weekend :)
N0ZXR

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
The Lincoln show would be more convenient for me. I am not available Friday but I could do either Sat or Sun.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
 It looks like we have enough volunteers to take care of all 3 days of Big Bucks.

Thanks to everyone who stepped up and volunteered. I will be contacting you soon with the details.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:07:56 PM by huskergun »
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Some situations have changed and we now need more volunteers for each of the 3 days of this event, Fri, Sat, and Sunday.  If any more volunteers drop out we may have to cancel this event.

If anyone not already signed up can help out for a few hours this coming weekend, please post here and also send me an email at:  FarmerRick.NFOA@gmail.com

Thanks.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
If you guys can believe it, I have to back out on this one. I was going to help Friday, but my son will be going for his 100th career victory in wrestling at Ainsworth on Saturday. This is an milestone  that few get to achieve. He is a senior this year, and my only blood son. This is one of a very few events that I deem more important than promoting the NFOA. I have a 200 mile trip to Omaha from my house, and a 150 mile trip to Ainsworth, where he also wrestles on Friday night.  I feel bad that I committed to this and now have to step away, but family comes first.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Scott family comes first.Working construction I missed out on alot of things my kids did but I made the important ones and' thats what mattered to them. Tell him goodluck and go for it.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA