< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: This should be interesting...  (Read 1001 times)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
This should be interesting...
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
George Zimmerman selling "the" PF-9.

All thoughts surrounding the case/person/outcome aside, it will be interesting to see what this thing brings.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: This should be interesting...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »
Items been removed.

I heard about this on my drive into work this morning (disc jockeys on 98.5 were complaining about it, I had to shut them off).

The 5 seconds I listened to this morning, before turning off the radio, makes me think he's hyping this for a payday.  From what I remember hearing, he needs it, as I seem to remember he's hired a bodyguard because of a couple of attempts to kill him, and he was out of a job.

Personally, I don't like how it was being advertised, but it's up to him how he does it.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 01:21:19 PM »
He has already been labelled a thought criminal by the liberal cult and now here he goes and commits the thoughtcrime of capitalism on top of it.  Maybe time for the crusaders in liberal media to ramp up their hate campaign against him.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »
From the folks at GB..."Late last night, George Zimmerman created a listing on our web site for the gun from the Trayvon Martin case four years ago. Mr. Zimmerman alerted news organizations that began reporting on the listing first thing this morning.

Listings on the GunBroker.com web site are user-generated, exactly like social media posts. Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with Zimmerman. Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing.

We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving.

GunBroker.com prides itself in being a safe and legal way to buy and sell firearms online in full compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws. GunBroker.com proudly supports the Second Amendment rights of the American public.

GunBroker.com will not be fielding press inquiries regarding this matter."

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »
Zimmerman is desperate for money. I have read that his legal defense cost a million dollars. There is no way he will ever be able to pay it off. The prosecution failed at sending him to prison but they did succeed in ruining his life. Now that everyone knows the gun is for sale, I expect he will get direct offers without having to go through an intermediary like Gunbroker.

I have never understood why Zimmerman hasn't tried to disappear into the woodwork. That is, change his name and appearance, move to an out-of-the-way place where his neighbors are likely to be sympathetic to his situation, and keep a very low profile. As long as he remains in the limelight, he has no chance of anything approaching a normal life.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »
 He was in Texas, but got picked up for pulling a gun on someone else,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016