< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ghost Guns Again..  (Read 618 times)

Offline nebGun

• NFOA Full Member
Ghost Guns Again..
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:12:30 AM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/loophole-lets-criminals-buy-untraceable-ghost-guns-online-n719121

Here we go again..more legislation on the way for something that is already a crime, let's make it more illegal - that'll show em!

What's dumb is that they say it is legal to order this kit, which is true. They leave out the part where "If you make this into a gun it is a federal crime." Selectively telling the truth again to push their agenda. So much for being able to order uppers and such online if they get their way.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:23:37 AM by nebGun »
nebGun

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Ghost Guns Again..
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »
Actually building a gun yourself is completely legal, and building an AR from an 80% lower is not that difficult with the proper tools and some knowledge. But doing so in a couple of hours is a exageration, it would take a bit longer than that.

But here is the question, if you can build a gun from an 80% lower you could also do so from a block of aluminum for an AR or block of steel fora 1911 or,any other firearms. How are they going to stop people from building guns from a block of metal.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:18:31 AM »
How are they going to stop people from building guns from a block of metal.

Close the Loophole by not selling blocks of metal without a background check ?

Then the next thing you know you won't be able to loan your buddy a block of metal with out a back ground check and an ownership transfer.

Plus they will outlaw ownership of any blocks of metal that hold more then 10 rounds.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline nebGun

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »
Actually building a gun yourself is completely legal, and building an AR from an 80% lower is not that difficult with the proper tools and some knowledge. But doing so in a couple of hours is a exageration, it would take a bit longer than that.

But here is the question, if you can build a gun from an 80% lower you could also do so from a block of aluminum for an AR or block of steel fora 1911 or,any other firearms. How are they going to stop people from building guns from a block of metal.
When I say it is illegal I was meaning that if a criminal that couldn't pass a background check and they did this, it would be a crime. Since the issue here is about criminals bypassing a background, not law abiding citizens doing this. However, I'm not an expert on this, could be wrong. The no serial number part makes me think it would be illegal though.

-nebGun

nebGun

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
When I say it is illegal I was meaning that if a criminal that couldn't pass a background check and they did this, it would be a crime. Since the issue here is about criminals bypassing a background, not law abiding citizens doing this. However, I'm not an expert on this, could be wrong. The no serial number part makes me think it would be illegal though.

-nebGun

Actually it is Totally legal as long as you only built it for yourself.....

Correct me if i'm wrong but if I remember right

The Gray area is
If you ever sell same said Non serialized weapon.(Giving it to a legal family member [long as they can legally own one] is ok) without adding any serial #

Or

The illegal area.
If you happen to be or become a prohibited person in position of same non serialized weapon.

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"