< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Not too surprising  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Not too surprising
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
 I noticed they gave the students name, but not the teacher.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 01:14:16 PM »
The lecturer may have been Dr. Amanda Gailey of UNL's English Department.

She appears to be somewhat of a Hard-Leftist Activist.   Some would say "Rabidly Hard-left Activist".   I would be among those of the latter viewpoint.

Dr. Gailey was previously quoted in the papers as holding up a sign indicating that she wanted to be placed on the UNL Liberal Professor list.  Such action appears to violate certain UNL Regent's ByLaws regarding collegiality and all that proper academic stuff.  Perhaps that's why she has been removed from teaching status, which is a serious reprimand in academic circles.  (After all, if you can't teach, then there's not much left.   Yeah....I know:  Research, Service, etc.   But teaching is the main core gig.)

Looks like Someone in the UNL Administration has decided to take righteous action.  Incredibly surprising.

It will be of interest to members of this Forum that before Dr. Gailey was seen harassing UNL students, she was the rabid activist leader of something called Nebraskans Against Gun Violence.   Her previous web rants--which seem to have recently faded away somehow--show that she is actually against guns in just about any form.  Although the NAGV web site, perhaps hypocritically, says they are not against gun ownership.  Yet, here is a NAGV Facebook posting:
=========================

Nebraskans Against Gun Violence
August 21 at 4:57pm ·
When you donate to Nebraskans Against Gun Violence,
you can be sure that your money will go directly towards grassroots gun control efforts led by Nebraskans.
For those who want to see their dollars distributed around the country for gun control efforts, please donate to States United to Prevent Gun Violence.
http://nebraskansagainstgunviolence.org

========================

Guess she'll never become an NFOA Forum Member.

At least, not a Full Member.

Pity.

FWIW,

sfg
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:35:56 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 01:20:14 PM »
That would be a pretty good bet. 

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »
"Rabid" is putting it mildly.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
The lecturer may have been Dr. Amanda Gailey of UNL's English Department.

Yes it was her according to an earlier story I read in the Omaha W.H.
Lets hope she has been sufficiently demoted so that she seeks employment out of our State!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
Looks to me like she'd be a good candidate for a job with the liberal press, since she seems to have the essential qualifications: ultra-liberal, bigoted, and willing to lie.  But there are quite a few universities that she would fit right into as well. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
since she seems to have the essential qualifications: ultra-liberal, bigoted, and willing to lie.

Hey, depserv:

You left out "appears totally committed to the suppression of free speech, especially on college campuses."

Which leaves only eight more Bill of Rights amendments to desecrate.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 04:22:35 PM »
Always makes me wonder about these folks upbringing, or lack there of. 

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Merl

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »
Actually it was not A.G but Kortney her side kick.  One down and one to go.....

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
These tolerant Leftist ladies have nothing to worry about.  I'm sure there's a job in the Nebraska Democratic Party waiting for them anytime they want it. 

Perfect fit.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 09:24:49 PM »
Courtney is easy to quell.  A.G. will be a harder move as she is tenured.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 07:41:36 AM »
Actually it was not A.G but Kortney her side kick.  One down and one to go.....

Well, well, well.................

OWH this morning confirms the above fact.   It was NOT tenured English-department Associate Professor Amanda Gailey being disciplined for harassing a student.  She is not even mentioned anywhere in the article.

Instead, it was non-tenured Lecturer Courtney Lawton, who was also NOT being disciplined by UNL Administration for "confronting and flipping off" a student.   She is being "removed from the classroom as a safety measure (her own safety)", because of ".....hostile emails and online threats."    Lawton blamed "right-wing extremists", whatever they are.

So it appears after all that the UNL Administration is still protecting its own.

Wuzzent any of You Guys sending those emails, wuzzit??

And Amanda Gailey is still out there, waving the banner for Nebraskans Against Gun Violence, a leading organization for gun control.

FWIW,

sfg
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 07:52:04 AM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 08:40:20 AM »
University is going to get a decline letter in their return envelope next time they mail me begging for money from alumni, explaining that it is because of this and their lack of action to correct "professors" and "teachers" in an authority position intimidating students.

About the only way to make them realize the error of their ways, hit them in the pocket book.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »
I have to admit to some ignorance on the details of our political system.  Do voters here have any control over who runs the university?  You'd think we would since I assume we support it with our tax money.

If we do have any control, then you'd think a red state would not have its state university being run by those sympathetic to the liberal cult, unless the voters are ignorant and apathetic, both of which can be changed.  Liberal indoctrination in schools is a huge problem, and if patriots can do anything to put a stop to it then we should.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »

Well, well, well.................

OWH this morning confirms the above fact.   It was NOT tenured English-department Associate Professor Amanda Gailey being disciplined for harassing a student.  She is not even mentioned anywhere in the article.

Instead, it was non-tenured Lecturer Courtney Lawton, who was also NOT being disciplined by UNL Administration for "confronting and flipping off" a student.   She is being "removed from the classroom as a safety measure (her own safety)", because of ".....hostile emails and online threats."    Lawton blamed "right-wing extremists", whatever they are.

So it appears after all that the UNL Administration is still protecting its own.

Wuzzent any of You Guys sending those emails, wuzzit??

And Amanda Gailey is still out there, waving the banner for Nebraskans Against Gun Violence, a leading organization for gun control.

FWIW,

sfg
So....UNL directly contradicted their previous statement on why she was "Moved"  Isn't that somewhat dishonest?  Did both statements come from different sources?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:26:20 AM by Les »

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 09:35:12 AM »
Do voters here have any control over who runs the university?

Only at the very top:   UNL Board of Regents

Here's a quote from the BoR website:

The Board of Regents—the governing body for the University of Nebraska—consists of eight voting members elected by district for six-year terms. The Board also includes four non-voting student Regents, one from each NU campus, that serve during their tenure as student body president.

fyi,

sfg

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 10:06:07 AM »
Only at the very top:   UNL Board of Regents

Here's a quote from the BoR website:

The Board of Regents—the governing body for the University of Nebraska—consists of eight voting members elected by district for six-year terms. The Board also includes four non-voting student Regents, one from each NU campus, that serve during their tenure as student body president.

fyi,

sfg

Well then maybe there's something we can do to make a change.  I don't know what kind of power the board has in deciding who teaches and who gets dismissed and that sort of thing but presumably it has some power or it wouldn't exist. 

I'd say most voters don't know one name from another when they vote for the board of regents.  I don't know if it's necessarily something for NFOA to do but maybe a coalition of patriot groups in the state could have an educational campaign letting the voters know the consequences of who is on the board.  Do we have anyone who coordinates our efforts with other patriot groups? 

Groups like antifa are very obviously a product of liberal indoctrination in the schools, and so are a reminder of what the effects of that indoctrination are.  There is a vast circle of ripples around these groups, with the groups showing what is planted into the hearts and minds of a great many who pass through these indoctrination centers.  It is an outrage that we as taxpayers are forced to pay for that kind of thing.

While I'm on my soap box, does Nebraska have a recall process for recalling lying politicians?  I remember Colorado using such a process to get rid of a few awhile back, and it was a victory for our side.  We should be doing the same thing here.  So do we have a process like that here?  If not, voter initiative could give us one.  And given the damage to our laws lying politicians cause I'd say this is the critical path to restoring our right to keep and bear arms.

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
After reading all the emails sent to UNL in response to this incident I see no direct or specific threat made against her. The majority of emails received were well written and tactful. To assume she was removed for her safety and the safety of her students is a stretch of the imagination in my opinion.  IMHO they are just simply trying to sweep her under the rug and away from public view because she stirs up so much negative publicity for UNL.

Attached is what the Journal Start received from their FOIA request.
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."