General Categories > Help!

Networking Opportunities

<< < (4/4)

ILoveCats:

--- Quote from: Waltherfan on May 18, 2018, 11:58:37 AM ---But then you get "Bubba" wanting to see how many times he can hit the target with his new AR/AK by bouncing rounds off the walls. Others bubba wannabe's trying out shooting positions they saw in a movie etc.

Makes you wonder why anyone would open a range  :o

--- End quote ---

This is why I fantasize of a shooting club with some reasonable standards. 

You can use my 100 yard indoor range and have a world class martini afterwards.

But you have to be wearing a dinner jacket.

And you have to speak The Queen’s English properly. Anyone who says “I seen...” will be shown the door.

Did I mention this is more of a fantasy than a bona fide business model?

Mudinyeri:

--- Quote from: ILoveCats on May 17, 2018, 01:51:41 PM ---I’ve often wondered why nobody starts up a modern gun “club” much anymore. Some place that’s family friendly, with a clubhouse that’s more than a roach-infested shanty.

--- End quote ---

Omaha has a couple gun clubs. Each has its own personality - just like golf clubs. I'm a member of one of the two clubs. Rarely do I find more than one or two other members in the members-only area when I stop in. Generally, I pull out the bottle of bourbon and the bottle of single-malt scotch that I keep there when I'm around (not a martini fan). I don't wear a dinner jacket, though.

SemperFiGuy:

--- Quote ---Anyone who says “I seen...” will be shown the door.
--- End quote ---

Which is altogether quite proper usage in my ancestral Ozark haunts.

As in:

"Ah just seen a whole big hoot uh revenooers a-comin' up Vinson's Branch.  Ah heerd they wuz comin' from over around Dry Valley.  You-uns better hahd th' still 'til they-uns git gone."

Oh...the linguistic purity of that rich, lush Scots-Irish.........  [Yes...some St. Louisans will say, "Hillbilly."  But those are just City Folks...]

Coming as I do from such cultural richness, it is difficult not to be a slight bit snobbish.   And these people DO NOT shoot indoors, except to settle accounts in feud.

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version