< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln's New Bill to change city code on storage  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln's New Bill to change city code on storage
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »
Good job Lincoln gun owners for showing up to the hearing and speaking up! IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

The biggest threat I see on the horizon though is Lincoln Senator Adam Morfeld's LB 58 "Extreme Risk Protection Order Act" aka Red Flag Gun Confiscation Law which he has stated he will make his priority in this next session starting in January! WE NEED TO STOP THIS!
It's been on radar for some time. 

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2019, 09:42:03 PM »
The biggest threat I see on the horizon though is Lincoln Senator Adam Morfeld's LB 58 "Extreme Risk Protection Order Act" aka Red Flag Gun Confiscation Law which he has stated he will make his priority in this next session starting in January! WE NEED TO STOP THIS!
If you can find a cooperative senator, a good tactic might be to load Morfeld's bill with amendments that make it harder to railroad someone. Examples are
  • The defendant can demand a court hearing, to be held within 24 hours, at which he can be represented by an attorney. The original complainant and any hostile witnesses must appear to face cross examination.
  • The confiscating agency is responsible for the condition of the firearms and is liable for loss in value due to careless storage.
  • Someone who makes a frivolous or malicious complaint is liable for the defendant's personal and legal expenses fighting the complaint and for injury to his reputation.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2019, 07:52:33 PM »
If you can find a cooperative senator, a good tactic might be to load Morfeld's bill with amendments that make it harder to railroad someone. Examples are
  • The defendant can demand a court hearing, to be held within 24 hours, at which he can be represented by an attorney. The original complainant and any hostile witnesses must appear to face cross examination.
  • The confiscating agency is responsible for the condition of the firearms and is liable for loss in value due to careless storage.
  • Someone who makes a frivolous or malicious complaint is liable for the defendant's personal and legal expenses fighting the complaint and for injury to his reputation.

this is really good,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 02:22:48 PM »

I wonder if we could get Senator Chambers to work with us on submitting some of these?
I seem to remember hearing he was opposed to red flag laws as they would be used against
his constituents by OPD.  Does anyone know the process for approaching him about something
like amending a Bill?
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »
I know Rod and Ernie have a great relationship.