< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who here shoots 3 gun?  (Read 9672 times)

Offline joemerchant24

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Who here shoots 3 gun?
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »
OK, I've carved out sometime for the March 20 match.

Can you give me a sense of ammo load out I need to round up (get it, round up? Folks, it doesn't get any better, so just laugh already).

Will this be one of the larger bay events? If so, I need to rethink my choice of optic on the XCR.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »
OK, I've carved out sometime for the March 20 match.

Can you give me a sense of ammo load out I need to round up (get it, round up? Folks, it doesn't get any better, so just laugh already).

Will this be one of the larger bay events? If so, I need to rethink my choice of optic on the XCR.

Lots? :)

There is one pistol stage, one shotgun stage, one rifle/shotgun stage, and one rifle/pistol stage.
Shotgun/rifle on bay5, Rifle/pistol on bay 6, shotgun in bay 2, pistol in bay 3.  We aren't using the 100 or 300 yard bays yet---100 yard is next month.  300 is later in the summer.

If you get all "A" hits, you only have to shoot each one once....saves on ammo!  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »
March 20th?  Wow, I was thinking the first match was in April.  Guess I'd better make sure all my gear is ready.

Joe, I usually bring 100 rounds for each gun.  I've never come close to using that much, but it's good to have extra in case you have to reshoot a stage.

I'm about 95% sure I'll make it to the March 20th match.  If anyone from the Lincoln area wants to carpool let me know. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:05:46 PM by bkoenig »

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
I was looking forward to going to these this year at ENGC, but my company decided to move me to Texas next week. The Zombie match last fall was a lot of fun.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »
First Multigun Match at ENGC this year:  March 20th
Second Multigun:  April 17th

And just to make sure you don't get bored just shooting the same thing all the time, in May, on the 15th, we are having a man-vs-man steel challenge match.  Pistol match in the morning, double-elimination tournament; shotgun match in the afternoon, single elimination.

We usually end up with a 4x4 (or 6x6) team shoot at the end.  :) 

Bring LOTS of ammo to that one...

Man-vs-man is a blast---and REALLY stressful at the same time.  You need to drop your steel before your opponent, and once they start shooting it is hard to NOT just blast away.

There are different pistol divisions (limited and open---sometimes we have production also, but it depends on how many people show up for it) and both pump and semi-auto shotgun divisions.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 06:46:43 AM »
So, show of hands. Who's planning on going to the 3 gun on Sunday? Brian, you put together a Lincoln crew to come up?
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 06:48:57 AM »
I'm a maybe.......... Daughter has a Volleyball tournament that day, don't know what time yet.... If it is an afternoon one, I'll be at ENGC

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 09:24:30 AM »
I am planning on going to watch.

The weather forcast says chance of rain  :'(  So, should be a great day  :tool:
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »
So, show of hands. Who's planning on going to the 3 gun on Sunday? Brian, you put together a Lincoln crew to come up?

I'll be there.  I have a couple guys I've been badgering to come along.  One has a conflict and can't make it, the other is a maybe.  I have a standing offer if anyone wants to try it they can use my guns, just provide the ammo.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:19:03 AM by bkoenig »

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 06:57:50 AM »
Well, both of my guys ended up having conflicts so as of now I'm coming by myself.  If anyone wants to carpool from Lincoln let me know.

Offline joemerchant24

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »
A big thank you to Terry, Ken, Chris, Tim, Tony, Ardi, and Doug for the great match and fun stages.

Despite an equipment snafu on the first stage, and mental fail-to-feed on the third, I had more fun shooting than I have in a long time.

Can't wait for the next one!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
  I had a ton of fun.  ENGC put on a great match as usual yesterday.  I tried out some new gear and was happy with how it performed.  The only problems I had were between my ears.  Nothing like screwing up a good stage because you forget to shoot one of the targets.

Joe, what squad did you shoot in?  I was in the first one.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
  I had a ton of fun.  ENGC put on a great match as usual yesterday.  I tried out some new gear and was happy with how it performed.  The only problems I had were between my ears.  Nothing like screwing up a good stage because you forget to shoot one of the targets.

Joe, what squad did you shoot in?  I was in the first one.

Well, I'm hooked - can't wait for the next shoot. ENPS put on a great match yesterday. Thanks to all who helped it run so smoothly.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline joemerchant24

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
@bkoenig

Me, too. I was the chap who made the brilliant decision to use his pump gun instead of his competition shotgun because I forgot the sidesaddle.

Then, I learned the hard way that an 18" barrel + cylinder bore + No. 8 shot won't knock the plates off the Texas star, regardless of how many times you hit them.

Was your new gear that sharp-looking 935?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
Ok, so that was you.  That was crazy seeing the lead shot bounce off the plates without knocking them over.  I was just glad you went before me so I knew to change to a modified choke!  I was shooting the 930.  It ran really well.  I had one stovepipe that was easy to clear.  I've heard that the 930's take a couple hundred rounds to break in and be really reliable with light loads.  I had a Choate extension on it before and had a lot of feeding problems.  Once I ponied up for a Nordic tube it ran a lot better.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
Glad everyone had a good time!  The next ENGC Multigun match is April 17th, so put that on your calendars!

In the meantime, feel free to come up this Sunday for the USPSA pistol match.  Always a good time....  :)

(And practice up---the man-vs-man match is coming up in May.)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »
Ok, who's going to the ENGC match on the 17th?  As always, I'm willing to carpool with any Lincoln shooters.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »
Ok, who's going to the ENGC match on the 17th?  As always, I'm willing to carpool with any Lincoln shooters.

Not this one; Appleseed in Broken Bow this weekend.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 05:49:11 AM »

Three stages this Sunday----one shotgun, one pistol/shotgun, and one pistol/rifle.   The pistol/rifle is on the 100 yard range, so make sure you know where your rifle hits from 5 yards out to 100.  (Bill is being good enough to bring out his reactive steel for the distance hits, so we won't have to walk all the way out there to reset.)

Each stage will probably NOT be short.  Bring plenty of ammo!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
Multigun match at ENGC July 3rd.  I'm planning on going.  Anyone else?